Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Every Day. (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Is anyone else Christmas shopping? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19753)

Christmas24/7 04-05-2010 08:25 AM

Is anyone else Christmas shopping?

Just wondering if anyone else has been doing some Christmas shopping. I don't know why I get so excited about it but it's about the only kind of shopping I like to do.

I've made a pretty good dent in my shopping 2010. I've bought gifts for DH's coworkers, most of our extended family, close friend gifts, one thing for my mom, and a couple things for my girls and am close to being done for my 2 year old. I have two ideas for neighbor gifts but haven't decided which to do this year and which to do for 2011. One idea is a book that has lots of Christmas stories in it, intended to be read together as a family. I found that after Christmas for about 75 cents each. (Score!) I bought enough of them to use as neighbor gifts so if I go that route, I'm done with them too. The other idea is one I had already planned for 2010, but haven't decided if I will stick with it or push it back one more year and do the books this year.

What have you bought/made for Christmas 2010?

Minta 04-07-2010 07:16 AM

Good Lord YES!!!! We have the 4 neices almost done, just need to get their ornaments. In the past 2 weeks we have picked up gifts for our kids, another Thomas Train set for our son, a game for our daughter that she has been wanting and a joint game for the 2 kids along with a few small stockin stuffer items. We already have christmas PJ's for our son just need to find a pair for our daughter as well as their Christmas Ornaments from their magical elves. Already started other extended family members as well. I plan on heading out on my lunch break today to see if I can find anything else. I am always on the hunt for Christmas gifts!!!!

Sounds like you are well on your way completing your Christmas shopping too. Nice Job!

Solice 04-07-2010 10:28 AM

Yes! :)

xmas365 04-07-2010 12:15 PM

Not yet, but I am always looking, in years past I have started in February

made582 04-07-2010 01:59 PM

I have started. I am picking up stocking stuffers right now and starting to look for bigger gifts.

miss xmas 04-07-2010 02:44 PM

:rudolph:hi its nice to see im not the only one who shops all year i actually start my shopping for christmas in the boxing day sales.my husbands family is finished and i have done alot for my 4 year old sister along with other bits for my other bros and sis.i will continue shopping all year and will finally stop on christmas eve just to get a last min bargain even thou what i buy i dont need because im always finished by december but love christmas shopping.my 2 year old son has got 2 sack fulls already bargains i couldnt leave in the shops. im full of christmas spirit all year and glad u are to happy christmas shopping :tree::rudolph:

Annette1990 04-07-2010 09:00 PM

Nothing yet...but I am also always looking. cheesy

ballcoach 04-07-2010 09:08 PM

not yet.....but i'm getting closer!

White Christmas 05-19-2010 07:22 PM

I start Christmas shopping every year on Dec. 26!

judesmama 05-20-2010 06:22 AM

Not yet... we sold our house last month and moved to a family member's house temporarily until we buy another house.. now we are moving to ANOTHER family member's house in 2 weeks because we still haven't bought a house (grrr!). Anyway, I would be buying but lugging all that stuff to our storage unit or from house to house would be a pain. I hope to hit up Target's toy sale again late this summer and get some great deals like I did last year. I spent $80 on toys and got over $300 worth of stuff! In fact, I still have some toys leftover from last year for my niece's gifts this year!! :)