Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Traditions & Memories (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   What was the last Christmas related item you bought? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20036)

ChristmasKid77 06-26-2010 11:27 PM

What was the last Christmas related item you bought?

Just wondering what was the last thing you spent hard earned cash on that is Christmas related?

Usually a few times in the off season I'll buy things just for the fun of it and because I can get a good price.

My last item so far was the Bing Crosby Voice Of Christmas cd, which I ordered today..in June!

I'm sure I'll pick something up in a few weeks or so....

trackrebel 06-27-2010 02:24 AM

i don´t know...but I hope to find something at the fleas market we go to later

Christmas-A-Holic 06-27-2010 06:58 AM

I love to buy Christmas items throughout the year. There is a thrift store nearby that has a Christmas section that stocks items all year and I love to look at the nice stuff that other people throw out. Lol! You get a good selection during the summer and good prices when other people don't want to look at that stuff during that time.

Back to answering the question. The last item I bought was during the spring. A man that lives nearby use to go all out to decorate his house for Christmas and he had a huge garage sale and selling every bit of it. He has been ill and decided he cannot continue decorating anymore. I bought a train display for my front yard. He said he bought it during the 70's. I am glad to have something to put in my yard that he owned. We talked for awhile and found out that no one in his family was interested in owning any of his Christmas stuff. I found it a bit sad that his family will not continue on with his tradition so he is selling it all but I know not everyone is as sentimental about Christmas like all of us here are at MMC.

kgstyles 06-27-2010 07:00 AM

I bought a Chicago Bears ornament last month to put on my tree this year.

ChristmasKid77 06-27-2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic (Post 250695)
Back to answering the question. The last item I bought was during the spring. A man that lives nearby use to go all out to decorate his house for Christmas and he had a huge garage sale and selling every bit of it. He has been ill and decided he cannot continue decorating anymore. I bought a train display for my front yard. He said he bought it during the 70's. I am glad to have something to put in my yard that he owned. We talked for awhile and found out that no one in his family was interested in owning any of his Christmas stuff. I found it a bit sad that his family will not continue on with his tradition so he is selling it all but I know not everyone is as sentimental about Christmas like all of us here are at MMC.

Wow, from one Christmas fan to another I just want to thank you for buying something he displayed for all those years!

It is sad no one wanted to display that stuff!! Really cool that you own it and it will see many more seasons to come!

judesmama 06-27-2010 12:24 PM

2 stockings for my kids for $12, shipped, just last week! Got them in the mail on Thursday. Monogrammed, too! (well one is.. this baby-to-be is nameless, still!) ;)

caninemom3 06-27-2010 12:25 PM

I have a nativity scene that is largely animals of all kinds paying homage to the Christ Child. There are wise men and angels and of course, the Holy Family as well, but it is largely animals worshiping the King Of Kings on His birthday........I bought a mama kangraoo and a meerkat to add to the managerie !!! See my albums !!!

trackrebel 06-27-2010 12:52 PM

4 incredibly cute Christmas books for Kandice today at the fleas market

irishsnow 06-27-2010 05:20 PM

A christmas dvd :tree:

xmas365 06-27-2010 08:55 PM

a bunch of Christmas DVD's