Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Favorite Christmas Movie Scene? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20356)

Courtney 08-17-2010 07:37 AM

Favorite Christmas Movie Scene?

What is your favorite Christmas movie scene? Which scene touches you?
I have a few, but my very favorite is:

The last scene in A Christmas Story. 'Mother' turns on the radio and sits on the arm of the chair by 'the Old Man', and with a glass of wine they watch the snow falling while the room is lit only by the beautiful tree, and the only sounds are that of the Christmas tunes in the background.

I don't know why, but I think the scene is sweet and romantic. :wink:

So, what/which is your favorite scene from a Christmas movie?
[Describe it, if you can... :) ]

Faith4always 08-17-2010 07:52 AM

Hi Courtney!!
That is definitely a very peaceful and serene scene.
My favorite Christmas Story movie scene is when "Scott Farkus got his"!! LOL
I think A Christmas Story is our entire family's favorite movie!! We leave it on all night long on Christmas Eve!! hahaha

Sabine 08-17-2010 08:15 AM

I love the Moment in "it's a wonderful life", when they are singing under the tree.. :tree:

LogicsHere 08-17-2010 10:10 AM

My favorite Christmas movie scene is in the original "Miracle on 34th Street" when both Doris Walker (Maureen O'Hara) and Fred Gailey (John Payne) spot the cane at the corner of the fireplace in the house they just found and he says "maybe I didn't do such a good thing after all."

Betty:tree:

Jeniferdwn 08-17-2010 10:33 AM

I have several. I don't know that I could choose only one!
A Christmas Story
Nat'l Lampoons Christmas Vacation
Home Alone 1 and 2
A Charlie Brown Christmas
Jingle all the Way
Christmas with the Kranks
Gosh I could keep on listing!!

DoubleA 08-18-2010 01:04 AM

"And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, 'Fear not:...

I keep this keepsake ornament out all year just so I can play it from time to time. Will always love that part of the movie when Linus takes centerstage.
I have many fav. scenes but this sticks out.

whitney37354 08-18-2010 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleA (Post 264503)
"And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, 'Fear not:...

I keep this keepsake ornament out all year just so I can play it from time to time. Will always love that part of the movie when Linus takes centerstage.
I have many fav. scenes but this sticks out.

This is my favorite too!

MerryCarey 08-18-2010 08:11 AM

How many favorite moments I have! One is from a movie only marginally associated with Christmas, but it has one of my favorite Christmas moments: The Shop Around the Corner.

Near the end of the film the shop is closing up after a busy, profitable Christmas Eve. The owner of the shop is standing outside the door, wishing a Merry Christmas to each employee as he or she leaves, and inquiring about their Christmas plans. He is secretly fishing for an invitation, but everyone already has plans. The last to leave is the new errand boy, Rudy. Rudy confesses that he will be spending Christmas alone, as his parents don't live in the city. The owner of the shop describes a fabulous Christmas meal at an expensive restaurant and says, "Well, you're going to have it! Come with me!" and they cheerily stride away together, two lonely guys celebrating together. My description doesn't do it justice; it's a really touching, uplifting moment.

Christmas-A-Holic 08-18-2010 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtney (Post 264084)
What is your favorite Christmas movie scene? Which scene touches you?
I have a few, but my very favorite is:

The last scene in A Christmas Story. 'Mother' turns on the radio and sits on the arm of the chair by 'the Old Man', and with a glass of wine they watch the snow falling while the room is lit only by the beautiful tree, and the only sounds are that of the Christmas tunes in the background.

I don't know why, but I think the scene is sweet and romantic. :wink:

So, what/which is your favorite scene from a Christmas movie?
[Describe it, if you can... :) ]

I love that scene too and it's probably the only movie that I watch the entire credits because they play, We Wish You a Merry Christmas, show the tree in the window with the snow falling. I LOVE that!

Bradmac 08-18-2010 09:09 AM

This is a tough one!

I recently watched Fred Claus, near the end on Christmas morning when all the elves were watching the giant snow globe with scenes of children opening their presents while Silent Night was sung in the background. Then Santa tells Fred he's the best big brother anyone could ever ask for. Fred kisses him on the forehead and Santa tears ups and says "ho, ho, ho" softly.

Had me crying like a baby.