Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   DVD's & Blu-Rays (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   The last Christmas DVD/Blu Ray You Bought? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20597)

ChristmasKid77 08-28-2010 08:46 AM

The last Christmas DVD/Blu Ray You Bought?

I just picked up "Hope for the holidays: Best of Bob Hope Christmas" and "Abbot & Costello Christmas" which I think are some skits from the old Colgate Variety Hour.

This are the last 2 discs I bought, and they came about 2 wks ago. I havent watched them yet...holding out for a bit more, but soon enough.

What was the last thing you purchased?

xmas365 08-28-2010 06:03 PM

Unaccompanied Minors

ChristmasAddict 08-30-2010 07:54 PM

I bought "The Holiday" the day before yesterday because I found it for $3.97 on Amazon.

ChristmasAddict 08-30-2010 07:55 PM

I bought The Holiday 3 days ago because it was $3.97 on Amazon.

mac55 09-05-2010 06:12 AM

Nothing yet this year but I will definetely get the 09 Disney Christmas Carol on DVD when it comes out in Nov.
I may get others between now and then.

Cheers!!

ML

One Spoiled Brat 09-15-2010 12:56 PM

Flintstones....A Flintstone's Christmas Carol

Christmas-A-Holic 09-15-2010 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristmasKid77 (Post 269543)
I just picked up "Hope for the holidays: Best of Bob Hope Christmas" and "Abbot & Costello Christmas" which I think are some skits from the old Colgate Variety Hour.

This are the last 2 discs I bought, and they came about 2 wks ago. I havent watched them yet...holding out for a bit more, but soon enough.

I don't know how I missed this post but it happens I guess! Lol.

I would love to own that dvd. I will be on the look out for it. I bet it's good!

The last Christmas dvd I bought was Elf for 1 cent through Ebay! Shipping was 3 bucks. I bought it in the spring when a lot of people were not bidding on Christmas items. Not bad for $3.01.

I know you didn't ask this but I have bought at least 12 Christmas vhs movies at a thrift store that sells them 4 for a dollar.

HappyXmas 10-03-2010 03:18 PM

I bought Santa Buddies on blue Ray last week

UnchosenFragmnts 10-11-2010 08:58 AM

Just ordered Love Actually on Blu Ray from Amazon.com and thought about picking up the Peanuts Holiday Pack on Blu Ray from Walmart later today.

MerryCarey 10-11-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristmasKid77 (Post 269543)

If that's the Abbott & Costello show where Lou gives Bud a scalp treatment following directions given on the radio ... you're going to love it. A VERY funny bit. (I won't tell you what's "Christmas" about it, because it would be a spoiler.) That's available in a colorized version. It's from one of their Colgate Comedy Hour live broadcasts in the 1950s and is a favorite in our house.

The most recent DVD I got was a couple of kinescopes of holiday broadcasts of "Your Hit Parade" from the 1950s. They perform the top songs of the week, as usual, but stage them with a Christmas twist. I nearly fell off the sofa when I saw them do "Papa Loves Mambo" as Santa and his missus doing the mambo!