Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Food (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   Christmas Dinner? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20907)

Chestnut Head 09-09-2010 06:25 PM

Christmas Dinner?
 
What do you usually have for Christmas Dinner and Dessert? We usually have ham or turkey with mashed potatoes and stuff like that, similar to Thanksgiving. Last year however we had lasagna and turkey. We also got a big container of cookies and a container of danish's from Costco, along with a chocolate cake from our uncle.

Courtney 09-10-2010 02:11 PM

Turkey and/or ham. Love maple glazed ham, soooo delicious. We also have mashed potatoes, a veggie, rolls, sweet potatoes w/marshmallows, bean salad and usually a couple of pies, a cake and cookies. Mmm...

Mumof2 09-10-2010 02:37 PM

Turducken,Ham,Rice Dressing,mashies,rolls,stuffing,gravy,peas,pecan pie,apple pie,dips,chips,veggie platter,stuffed Italian mushrooms,chocolates and many kinds of candies,wine,beer and cider.

ChristmasAddict 09-10-2010 03:55 PM

For Christmas Eve, we have ham and baked mac and cheese. The great things about Christmas Day dinner is that's it's Thanksgiving Part II: turkey, dressing, corn cassarole, mash potatoes and gravy. It's so worth the year long wait!

MsChristmas 09-10-2010 07:53 PM

Yummy..you guys are making me hungry! Christmas Eve varies..its usually a buffet style at my In Laws.. we usually do have Ham and Turkey though and everyone brings a dish or two. Christmas Day dinner is at my house. Spiral Ham, mashed potatoes, homemade stuffing, greenbean casserole, deviled eggs, peas, corn, brown and serve rolls....Christmas cookies and some sort of pie. Gosh I could go for a nice hearty meal like this right about now cheesy

trackrebel 09-11-2010 01:44 AM

for desert we usually have ice cream.....for dinner itself it always varies...I have wanted to make an American style turkey for last 3 years, but somehow....we always end up doing something else

Minta 09-11-2010 06:29 AM

Well this year I wanted to make something different for Christmas Dinner - Prime Rib however the kids had a fit. They want the tradition dinner - spiral ham and home made mac and cheese. Will also make a broccoli casserole, corn, peas and rolls. Dessert : pumpkin pie and apple pie.

I may do the prime rib for New years day!

xmas365 09-11-2010 08:05 AM

We usually have Turkey and Prime Rib/Beef roast mashed potatoes, stuffing, and such, along with cookies, and pies, and one of my favorites Friendly's Jubilee ice cream roll.

Before my aunt moved to FLA in 1993 she used to have more of an Italian themed dinner with lasagna, antipasto, cannolis and so on

ChristmasHeart 09-11-2010 06:42 PM

Hmmmm...I'm hungry after reading all these posts!

We always have turkey and the last few Christmasses I make a cottage role as well. We have all the fixings...stuffing, potatoes, carrots (and other veggies), etc. For desert it is normally apple pie.

TamaraQT 09-11-2010 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtney (Post 274760)
Turkey and/or ham. Love maple glazed ham, soooo delicious. We also have mashed potatoes, a veggie, rolls, sweet potatoes w/marshmallows, bean salad and usually a couple of pies, a cake and cookies. Mmm...

Maple Glazed Ham!! That sounds delicious!! I will have to find me a maple glaze recipe before Christmas! cheesy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mumof2 (Post 274772)
Turducken,Ham,Rice Dressing,mashies,rolls,stuffing,gravy,peas,pecan pie,apple pie,dips,chips,veggie platter,stuffed Italian mushrooms,chocolates and many kinds of candies,wine,beer and cider.

Turducken!! I saw Paula Deen prepare one of those. It looked so good I wanted to reach into the TV and grab a bite! I never tried to prepare one before, but I sure wish somebody I knew would and I could try it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristmasAddict (Post 274787)
For Christmas Eve, we have ham and baked mac and cheese. The great things about Christmas Day dinner is that's it's Thanksgiving Part II: turkey, dressing, corn cassarole, mash potatoes and gravy. It's so worth the year long wait!

Corn Cassarole? That sounds different. Please share the recipe if it isn't too much trouble. I would like to try it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristmasHeart (Post 275223)
Hmmmm...I'm hungry after reading all these posts!

We always have turkey and the last few Christmasses I make a cottage role as well. We have all the fixings...stuffing, potatoes, carrots (and other veggies), etc. For desert it is normally apple pie.

Cottage role? I have never heard of that. Care to share that recipe with us?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin ~ Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1991-2013 My Merry Christmas.com