Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Home & Family (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Music and Movies (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21276)

kidzrme 09-25-2010 02:08 AM

Music and Movies

Has anyone else been listening to their Christmas music and watching Christmas movies yet? I get so much grief from my friends and family! They poke fun and say, "Hey sarah, how many days til Christmas?" I ALWAYS know the answer!

Faith4always 09-25-2010 08:48 AM

I've been listening to Christmas music off and on all year.
Watch Christmas movies whenever I catch them on tv or pop in a DVD from time to time.
All my family and friends know I know the answer to "How many days till Christmas?"!!!!!!!!!!cheesy

tracyann 09-25-2010 09:49 AM

I just started listening to my Christmas music yesterday. Havn't watched any Christmas movies yet, but been seeing alot of my favorite shows are showing the holiday reruns now.

UnchosenFragmnts 09-25-2010 10:06 AM

My wife loves to post the movies we watch on facebook so we can get all the crazy responses from people who think we are strange. More than once we've been told that we talk about Christmas "too much." That just doesn't seem right to me.

xmas365 09-25-2010 11:44 AM

I listen to it whenever I have the temptation, mainly I go to youtube and type in a certain song but I pop in a cd when I am busy working around the house.

DSR147 09-25-2010 11:51 AM

Christmas Music and Playlisting

I'm a huge Christmas music fan, and I do pretty much listen all year round. Maybe it's the odd track here and there, but it's all year round. From around late September time onwards I slowly find myself beginning to rejoice to the failsafe perennial stalwarts of Christmas music. Slade, Wizzard and the TSO have all made an appearance this week. I've also begun playlisting for when I go Christmas Shopping. iPod in pocket, headphones in and my shopping playlist in full-force. Also begun to work on playlists for Christmas Day morning (unwrapping the presents) Christmas Day dinner also.

As for Christmas movies, despite being a film buff, critic and having a Ba(Hons) in the subject, I'm not one for Christmas films that much. There are a few I like, but I don't have a big collection.

ChristmasHeart 09-25-2010 02:10 PM

I listen to Christmas music and watch Christmas movies any time during the year. In my house...Christmas never goes away! Christmas is always in my heart.

caninemom3 09-25-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidzrme (Post 281104)
Has anyone else been listening to their Christmas music and watching Christmas movies yet? I get so much grief from my friends and family! They poke fun and say, "Hey sarah, how many days til Christmas?" I ALWAYS know the answer!

Dont you let ANYONE bother you !!! If you want to listen to Christmas Music or Watch Christmas movies you do it !!!! Never mind what they say - They don't understand !!! Awwwwwww... We are ALL Christmas nuts here and we all celebrate Christmas whether is August or December !!!

:tree:And It may Be A Little Early but MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!!

DSR147 09-26-2010 07:51 AM

True Words

Quote:

Originally Posted by caninemom3 (Post 281427)
We are ALL Christmas nuts here and we all celebrate Christmas whether is August or December !!!

Amen to that... Birds of a feather, flock together! Let us rejoice in our festive warmth all year long!

whitney37354 09-27-2010 09:49 AM

I usually take a break from Christmas music after Christmas Day, but break out the cd's in the van in the spring when I'm the only one in there! This year I started early, probably February. Normally it's around Easter. DD & I watch Christmas movies all year. She has a pretty good Christmas cartoon/Sesame Street collection. We also watch Halloween, Thanksgiving, Easter, & Valentine movies all year round. DH will only watch in December: White Christmas & Christmas Vacation. He picks one night for us to watch those two. That's his only Christmas tradition!