Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Home & Family (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Christmas Gift advice for my 4 yr old Nathan! (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21553)

Faith4always 10-06-2010 12:08 PM

Christmas Gift advice for my 4 yr old Nathan!

Nathan is convinced Santa Clause is bringing him roller skates for Christmas! Which is great. But I can't figure out which kind of skates he wants.
So. Do I get him the "shoe" kind of skates that you wear, roller blades, or the kind that fits over his shoes? What do you guys think?

trackrebel 10-06-2010 12:17 PM

over here they sell shoe skates which u can set in three or even four different sizes...which means u buy one pair of rollerskates...and he can actually wear them for some time...and won´t need new ones after one year....if you can´t get your hands on those type, i would get nathan the ones to put over the shoes....because the sizes are usually changeable....always......anyhow...he will love the skates no matter which ones you decide to buy...im sure about tthat

Faith4always 10-06-2010 12:22 PM

Thanks Tanja!
He says he wants red and blue skates! hahaha That really narrows it down huh?! hahaha

trackrebel 10-06-2010 01:18 PM

lol....at least a lil hint, huh? kandice gotten some roller skates from her godmother for easter...they do kind of have an army pattern....but the not the regular colors...they look kinda cool

kelly ann 10-06-2010 02:23 PM

You could ask him to point them out in the shop?

Faith4always 10-06-2010 03:19 PM

We will see. I don't take him into toy stores or go through the toy departments in stores very often. Simply because he sees all that wonderful stuff and I don't want him to get too excited and think he might be getting more than what I can afford!! LOL

Christmas-A-Holic 10-06-2010 04:09 PM

Does he already know how to skate?

Why I ask is that Fisher Price has skates for toddlers learning. My kids had them and they have different settings to make it easy to skate.

If you google, Fisher Price My First Skates it will describe how they work.

I hope that helps. Keep us posted on what you decide to get. cheesy

Kimothy 10-06-2010 05:12 PM

I like Christmas-A-Holic's suggest.

Also, how about Googling "red and blue skates for kids" and see what pops up LOL! cheesy

P.S. I'd also get a helmet.

Minta 10-07-2010 11:14 AM

Maybe showing him some catalogs that have roller skates so he can point out the ones he wants and cut out the picture or take him to the store with a camera so you can take a picture of the skates he wants to send to Santa to make sure Santa brings him the right ones. There are so many skates out there that I bet Santa will think the photo will be very helpful in making sure he delivers the right ones.

Christmasstar 10-08-2010 10:26 AM

I was going to also suggest getting pictures of all the skates and letting him point out which pair he likes.
cheesy