Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   I am SO excited! (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2181)

mrshamm 11-09-2006 12:22 PM

I am SO excited!

I just got a letter from the company that manages our apartment complex....our complex was recently bought by a different management company so, by next week a lot of changes will be put into effect. St first this scared me...I was afraid that things were going to get more strict but guess what the changes are.....

#1: We are now allowed to have whatever kind of patio furniture we want as long as the colors aren't neon or reflective.

#2: They are demolishing the obnoxious huge gate and fence that "gaurd" the property and are replacing it with a pretty little white picket fence :-D

and #3: (my personal favorite) WE ARE NOW ALLOWED TO HANG CHRISTMAS LIGHTS ON OUR BALCONY and FRONT PORCH!!! We're allowed to put them up the first of December and they have to be down by the 20th of January.

Christy Carol 11-09-2006 12:30 PM

That is awesome!! Congrats!

Now you gotta rethink how to decorate. What you can add, what to put where? I am so excited for you!

mrshamm 11-09-2006 12:37 PM

my hubby said we're going to get some of the white iceicle lights to hang on our balcony and we'll hang a really pretty wreath or a lighted wreath on our door.

sheepsnot 11-09-2006 12:39 PM

Ask the office to have a decoration competition. The complex will look better than it ever has! So many people decorate in our complex that it really makes coming home at night a joy.

caseydbell 11-09-2006 12:54 PM

Thats fantastic Merry Decorating & Merry Christmas!

Ervserver 11-09-2006 01:13 PM

This is exciting news, be sure to post some photos of your decorating.

:???:

mrshamm 11-09-2006 01:15 PM

of course we will :???:

Holiday 11-09-2006 09:34 PM

YAY!!! How exciting!! :grin:

GingerMel 11-10-2006 07:46 AM

That's really awesome!!

When we first moved into an apartment here we couldn't even have a live tree! We were like...WTF! So we got this fake one from my grandmother that we called the Christmas Pole (we still call it that). It was one of those ultra "slim-line" trees. I swear it was about a foot and a half around at the bottom and only like 5.5 feet tall. But we did love getting to have any kind of tree.

Apartment complexes have such weird rules! But I am really glad for you that the new management is a lot more relaxed!

Christy Carol 11-10-2006 08:06 AM

I cannot believe some of the rules! Are these apartments managed by Scrooge himself?

back in the early 90's when I was in an apartment they had patio/deck decorating contests! I actually won the first year I rented and was so proud of my work since it was my first Christmas out on my own. I won a wicker breakfast in bed tray!!