Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Home & Family (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Argh!! Im freaking out!!!! (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21907)

kelly ann 10-29-2010 02:52 AM

Argh!! Im freaking out!!!!

You'll never guess what I agreed to? Im going to be making Christmas dinner this year for my whole family!!! If you read my other thread I posted that my mother wanted a break this year, so yesterday I said I'd do it, because partly I dont fancy going to a restaurant to eat on Christmas Day. Ive never cooked for so many people before....14 to be exact!!:( Im pretty excited, because now I have to buy new dinner plates and everything...and also Ive never spent the whole of Christmas Day in my own home before. Its going to be something new and different. All I hope is I dont end up burning the dinner like Scott Calvin from The Santa Clause....I could really do without that!! LOL Because then we'd end up in a bloody restaurant on Christmas Day hahaha.
Anyway, if anyone has any tips and/or suggestions....please send them my way! I could really do with some expert advice on this one:)

Sabine 10-29-2010 03:44 AM

cool...:family:

start with writing a schedule.. and a shopping list..

you will see, it will be fun to prepare all, so donīt be scared.. :-D

Christmas-A-Holic 10-29-2010 06:52 AM

Just be sure not to cook everything in one day. There are several dishes you can prepare the day before and just heat up on Christmas Day. Good Luck! cheesy

clarebear 10-29-2010 07:02 AM

I'm sure you'll do fine. Peel all the veg and stuff the night before. Make a list :)

TamaraQT 10-29-2010 07:19 AM

Don't worry, its going to be fine. Hopefully, you wont burn a single thing. But doing some prep work the day before will help a lot. The good news is, you have all your friends here at MMC to give you any support you need. Hang in there. Start by deciding on what you want to serve, then use that list to make a shopping list. Let us know what you plan to serve and maybe we can suggest what does well to be made ahead. Dont worry, we will be here for ya!! cheesy

Minta 10-29-2010 07:22 AM

There are some dishes that can be be made a head of time and then left in a crock pot to keep warm. Have guests bring a dish, rolls, drinks, etc to help out.

Make the dinner simple so you do not have to spend all day in the kitchen.

But above all have fun with it.

ClaireLovesChristmas 10-29-2010 12:51 PM

Like clarebear said, prepare all you veg and potatoes the night before so you havent got it all to do christmas morning, I also cook one of my meats the night before (normally the beef)

jayden28 10-29-2010 12:58 PM

you can always get them Ģ1.99 ready made christmas meals from iceland!:lol:

kelly ann 10-29-2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayden28 (Post 295853)
you can always get them Ģ1.99 ready made christmas meals from iceland!:lol:

That would be the easy option, I just dont think my family would be happy with it though LOL

kelly ann 10-29-2010 01:06 PM

Frozen veg or fresh????