Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Food (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   What's on your Thanksgiving and Christmas menus? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22103)

Seawaters 11-09-2010 08:18 AM

What's on your Thanksgiving and Christmas menus?

I just read a post and wondered what everyone was having for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Do you have specialties that are traditional that your family will not let you get by without? Do you try new recipes every year?

My family will not let me get away without making refrigerator rolls. I do almost all my cooking in my crockpots (I think I have 11). It makes cleanup so much easier! We also do a maple-brined turkey with a basting sauce of white wine, butter, maple syrup, and Jack Daniels No. 7 mustard. It is to die for!! We also have a mashed potato casserole (with cream cheese, sour cream, onions), sweet potatoes, veggie, pies (mostly pumpkin), and I usually try a new dessert every year.

For Christmas, we have prime rib roast that we cook on the outside BBQ. It is so moist and tender.

So, what's on the menu? And are you willing to share recipes?

Cherylle in CA

HollyJells 11-09-2010 08:22 AM

Turkey breast, a small ham, mashed taters and gravy, dinner rolls, corn (on or off cob -not sure yet) Stuffing, pies, and cookies. I might do some punch this year but not sure yet.:hello:

ChristmasFanatic56 11-09-2010 08:59 AM

Wow, We have some of everything minus the kitchen sink!

Turkey
Ham
Biscuits
Rolls
Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
Green Beans
Corn on the Cob
Sweet Potatoes
Bacon Wrapped Breadsticks (Crunchy kind)
Potato Salad
Deviled Eggs
So many homemade pies

We have the same menu for Christmas if not including many other things lol

I am sure I am missing so other odds and ends but believe it or not the one thing you won't find on our table is anything cranberry! Shocking, I know :O lol

Minta 11-09-2010 10:25 AM

Thanksgiving: Home made pepperoni bread to snack on while watching the football games, Dinner:Turkey, homemade celery/onion/sage stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, broccoli, corn, mashed turnips (for my mom and aunt),cranberry sauce, candied yams, rolls, Pies: Pumpkin and apple crumb

Christmas Dinner: Spiral ham, home made mac and cheese, peas, corn, rolls. Desert: pumpkin pie and either an apple or cherry pie and christmas cookies..

TamaraQT 11-09-2010 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seawaters (Post 300446)

We also do a maple-brined turkey with a basting sauce of white wine, butter, maple syrup, and Jack Daniels No. 7 mustard. It is to die for!!

Cherylle in CA

A MAPLE BRINED TURKEY??? I almost fainted just at the sound of that! I bet that is one DELICIOUS Turkey!!!! Now that is a recipe I would love to have! YUM!!! cheesy

novelist 11-09-2010 01:32 PM

:rudolph:Thanksgiving
turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, yams, another vegetable, relish tray, cranberry sauce, gravy, dinner rolls,
dessert: pies with cool whip or ice cream, and coffee

Kimothy 11-09-2010 01:40 PM

http://www.weigh****chers.com/util/a...=78781&sc=3024 <---this is what I'm thinking of suggesting for Thanksgiving. Dunno how my family might feel about it. They might want to drag me out to a pistol range and shoot me. :pilgrim:

Christmas is similar to Thanksgiving but not as much food.

Mumof2 11-09-2010 01:55 PM

Turkey,Mashies,rice dessing,peas,gravy,stuffing,rolls,pies,chips and dip,vegies and dip,stuffed mushrooms,candy cookies,fruit.christmas we usually get a turducken,but the hubby just told me he wants to have something different this year!

Bradmac 11-09-2010 02:21 PM

Turkey, ham, turkey, ham, and, um, ham & turkey!

Oh, and green bean casserole. I lOVE that stuff! cheesy

made582 11-09-2010 03:38 PM

Deep Fried Turkey
Baked Turkey
Mashed Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes
Cheesy Potato casserole
Cheesy corn casserole
Mac and Cheese
Macaroni salad
Cole Slaw
Deviled eggs
Green bean casserole
Glazed Carrots
Broccoli and rice casserole
Rolls

Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin rolls
Chocolate eclair cake
Birthday cake(for my aunt since her birthday is the day before)
Cheesecake

Christmas will be almost the same but we will have ham instead of turkey.