Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Home & Family (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   The start of new traditions this year! (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22285)

JOHNOR 11-18-2010 01:26 PM

The start of new traditions this year!

everything is so different this year, and i love it!

last year my daughter was only 3 months old at christmas and if i'm being honest i weren't very well, i definitely weren't myself. christmas was lovely but it was a bit of a blur?

this year, she'll be 15 months, we are both happy and healthy and life is pretty fabulous cheesy so i guess it's time to start our own special family traditions.

firstly, christmas dinner is just the 3 of us. my daughter, her daddy and i. we are having it early (12.30pm) in a beautiful country pub in a nearby village. i am so happy, i'm really excited to be spending that time with the 2 people i love more than anything in the world. normally it's a chaotic, crazy affair with lots of people, noise and bickering family members so this new little tradition i'm starting is a big deal to me.

the crazy affair with lots of people, noise and bickering family members will come christmas afternoon (say 4pm-ish) when we go and visit our wondeful famililes for some mulled wine and mince pies. i'm so looking forward to this part too, but to start the best day of the year with my very own family, just the 3 of us for the first time ever is going to be so special.

raise your glass of mulled wine/bucks fizz/egg nog and toast with me...

LET'S MAKE CHRISTMAS 2010 THE BEST YET...

CHEERS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

snowytree 11-18-2010 01:47 PM

Sounds wonderful, hope you all have a great Christmas day!

Christmas Troll 11-18-2010 01:59 PM

Ahhhhhh, Christmas in England... dinner in a little country pub. Maybe shepherd's pie with a pint of Newcastle, followed by a mince pie... at least that's the way I'm imagining it. lol

Hope you have a nice time. Sounds delightful.

whychristmas 11-18-2010 02:01 PM

That sounds fab, the best of both worlds!

lmm8606 11-18-2010 02:41 PM

that sounds so wonderful :) enjoy!!

JOHNOR 11-18-2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consider The Ravens (Post 304959)
Ahhhhhh, Christmas in England... dinner in a little country pub. Maybe shepherd's pie with a pint of Newcastle, followed by a mince pie... at least that's the way I'm imagining it. lol

Hope you have a nice time. Sounds delightful.

actually, i was in the same country pub last week and had the shepherd's pie. it was delicious!

tracyann 11-18-2010 08:01 PM

Sounds like a nice tradition. :)

trackrebel 11-19-2010 12:48 AM

heres to your greatest christmas so far!!!!

kelly ann 11-19-2010 03:25 AM

Have a great Christmas!:)

HollyJollyDude 11-19-2010 04:58 AM

That sounds like a great plan!!!! Hopefully it will be a white Christmas.....

:rudolph::rudolph::rudolph: