Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Doing Anything Christmasy This Weekend? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2239)

Ervserver 11-11-2006 01:11 PM

Doing Anything Christmasy This Weekend?

Listening to Christmas music, wrapping 2 gifts, and some shopping.

dominick 11-11-2006 01:16 PM

I'm trying to get some lights hung outside, but it's a bit too windy for me to go up on the roof right now. :-?

Ervserver 11-11-2006 01:49 PM

When I was married and was to windy to go up on the roof I'd have the wife do it.

megarrick 11-11-2006 01:51 PM

I'm helping my mom make pralines right now if that is considered christmasy.
:smile:

elfworks 11-11-2006 01:57 PM

i am doing tons of "pre" work. sorting thru things and making lists of what i need to get to finish some projects (for instance, i just discovered that the movers broke a wreath of glass ornaments i made about 10 yrs ago. so i have to go buy some more to replace the broken ones.) cussword. it is my favorite wreath and i had it wrapped in so much bubble wrap and blankets, all i can think is that they took it our of the trunk it was in and stomped on it@!!!! btw... took a wire wreath frame (the ones with about 5 levels of wire, usually green) bought a bunch of 2" gold ornaments at target. superglued all their caps on then tied them to the frame with thin silver wired ribbon. simple elegant. broken. cussword.
also making a list of the things i need to get for the wreath i am going to do for sister's door. have decided on white, gold and silver theme for all decor for her.
and oddly enuf, not listening to xmas tunes. discovered new songwriter last night and hit itunes. been listening to BRETT DENNEN cd SO MUCH MORE. fabulous!!!!!

xo

dominick 11-11-2006 02:50 PM

Well I got some of the lights up. A kamikaze squirrel nearly scared me half to death and I was wrong about it not being cold enough for ice on the roof, so I decided to call it a day after I got the first level front strung. Now I'm going to do some decorating inside and go see Santa Claus 3 later if plans hold up.

Ervserver 11-11-2006 03:58 PM

Sure sure talk behind the squirrel's back

dominick 11-11-2006 04:05 PM

Freakin' thing was crazy. It jumped off the tree towards my house and came within like four feet of me. That may not sound very close but to someone who is afraid of heights as it is and trying to untangle Christmas lights on top of a roof, it was pretty startling.

Ervserver 11-11-2006 04:12 PM

hmmm wonder what squirrel tastes like with gravy

dominick 11-11-2006 04:15 PM

I was told by an older southern gentleman that the proper way to prepare squirrel was to cube the meat and put it over rice.