Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   i succumbed (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2283)

elfworks 11-13-2006 09:14 AM

i succumbed

i love my fall decorations. i love the fall candle smells. i usually leave it all up til the week turkeyday. i put up the lights outside and do some other stuff, but for the most part, i try to enjoy the fall stuff as much as possible. well, i couldnt hold out any longer. will be at my sisters for ten days doing her decorations, so yesterday, i decided it was time. i put up all the fall stuff yesterday and between a baking project i have today, and hitting the homemade cranberry cordial, i am doing the pre xmas decor cleaning. and starting tomorrow... IT IS GOING UP!!! as this is a really really small apt, it will probably only take me two days. going to have to go buy a ladder as i have cathedral ceiling in the living room.

so excited. or maybe its the cordial.

:D

xo

Ervserver 11-13-2006 09:17 AM

sheesh...finally

caseydbell 11-13-2006 09:35 AM

we still have not started.

GingerMel 11-13-2006 09:36 AM

Well get on it then!! hah hah.

Christy Carol 11-13-2006 09:44 AM

Re: i succumbed

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElfWorks
i love my fall decorations. i love the fall candle smells. i usually leave it all up til the week turkeyday. i put up the lights outside and do some other stuff, but for the most part, i try to enjoy the fall stuff as much as possible. well, i couldnt hold out any longer. will be at my sisters for ten days doing her decorations, so yesterday, i decided it was time. i put up all the fall stuff yesterday and between a baking project i have today, and hitting the homemade cranberry cordial, i am doing the pre xmas decor cleaning. and starting tomorrow... IT IS GOING UP!!! as this is a really really small apt, it will probably only take me two days. going to have to go buy a ladder as i have cathedral ceiling in the living room.

so excited. or maybe its the cordial.

:D

xo

I want some of what she's having!!

ReineV 11-13-2006 10:43 AM

yea, this Friday the fall colors and being taken down and my friends and I are putting up Christmas stuff!

caseydbell 11-13-2006 11:05 AM

Ineed to get started just like elfworks, oh, hey, we are having a garage sale this weekend. A friend is moving into an apt. she brought over a ton of Christmas stuff, tubs of stuff, wreaths, tree, etc. Ill be looking through before anyone else, already eyed one or two things.

Christy Carol 11-13-2006 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caseydbell
Ineed to get started just like elfworks, oh, hey, we are having a garage sale this weekend. A friend is moving into an apt. she brought over a ton of Christmas stuff, tubs of stuff, wreaths, tree, etc. Ill be looking through before anyone else, already eyed one or two things.

LUCKY!!! I love going to yard sales for Christmas stuff. You can always find things the stores dont carry anymore. I found a really nice snowglobe at one back in August and cannot wait to put it out. In fact I think I will get it out tonite!

A few weeks ago I bought a brand new set of Christmas bath towels (still attached to the hanger with the original price tag on them) and a set of green place mats.

Ervserver 11-13-2006 10:52 PM

Swung by Salvation Army store today and came home with bags of Christmas stuff.

HollyJells 11-13-2006 11:00 PM

Kinda late aren't you? Kidding. I love fall things to BUT there is just something about the mettallics, the reds, greens, blues, and whites that have my utmost fantasy. I had all my stuff up by the 1st (I started on OCt 28). My fiance told me that I should not have gotten that jug of eggnog so early.......