Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Get to know your friends Holiday Edition (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2316)

Holiday 11-14-2006 05:10 PM

Get to know your friends Holiday Edition

Sorry...this is alot like the Christmas Survey in another topic, but yet a little different, so I'll post it anyway! :smile:

Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends

Welcome to the 2006 Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends! You know the drill. Highlight, copy, and paste (not forward) and change my answers to your answers. Be sure to send back to me. Enjoy!! Everyone has time for a few moments of fun! Don't be a scrooge!!!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate (both actually)
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps them

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored (multi) on the main tree - Red & White lights on the Buckeye Tree.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No - but every year I say I'm going too. Maybe this year

5. When do you put your decorations up? the week of Thanksgiving

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Smokehouse Spaghetti & Bruschetta

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Driving around looking at lights & when we got home my brother (who stayed home) was covered in ashes from the fireplace because he had helped Santa bring the gifts down the chimney!!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? No Santa – what????? Actually - a boy in my class tried to tell me there was no Santa in the 2nd grade - still don't believe him!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes always

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? garland, icicles, & lots of misc. decorations. When my Mom went to a tree that stays decorated all year, I got a lot of her decorations, plus decorations I've received as gifts. NO THEME WHATSOEVER!
My Buckeye tree – all red/silver/white decorations..some brutus buckeye decorations..anything Ohio State!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Snow – LOVE IT! when I'm sitting inside with candles burning watching it - don't really like to drive in it.

12. Can you ice skate? I use too all the time - haven’t done it in years! I might try again if the opportunity knocks

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? A carousel (horses) from my hubby the 1st Christmas we were together.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with family and friends. The excitement in the air. Family coming home for the holidays

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Christmas cut out cookies & ritz crackers with peanut butter in the middle, dipped in chocolate

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Wine day (the day after Thanksgiving), Candy making day & Christmas Eve at my parents

17. What tops your tree? My star broke last year! Hopefully I'll find another one I like (I really want one exactly like the one I had!)
The Buckeye Tree has a big red & silver bow.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Sleigh Ride

Ervserver 11-14-2006 05:25 PM

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? nog

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No

5. When do you put your decorations up? the week after Halloween

6. What is your favorite holiday dish sausage and apple sage dressing

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Helpng mom make Christmas cookies

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? was sitting on Santa's lap at the mall and after 45 mins of me telling him what I wanted he said he had to go because his real job as a janitor started at 6pm

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? no

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? 1000 lights, hundreds of ornaments.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE IT!

12. Can you ice skate? yes, we had a farm pond

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? army man set

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with family and friends.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? pumpkin pie

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? calling relatives

17. What tops your tree? rustic star

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? White Christmas

sugarplum fairy 11-14-2006 05:27 PM

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? sit them under the tree

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? multicolored lights on the tree, white lights outside

5. When do you put your decorations up? weekend after Thanksgiving

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? chicken casserole

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Santa had to put the trampoline in our building behind the house, because it was raining and he wanted to make sure we would get to jump on it on Christmas Day.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We always go to the in-laws and have exchange gifts with them on Christmas Eve.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? ribbon, an angel, & lots of misc. decorations.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Snow – LOVE IT! We rarely get any though and never at Christmas.

12. Can you ice skate? nothing fancy, but I can stay up on them and move

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? my daughter

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with family and friends.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? oreo pie and red velvet cake

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? decorating the tree

17. What tops your tree? an angel with animated wings

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Sleigh Ride, Silver Bells, Little Drummer Boy, White Christmas, Let It Snow!

caseydbell 11-14-2006 06:17 PM

Re: Get to know your friends Holiday Edition

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holiday
Sorry...this is alot like the Christmas Survey in another topic, but yet a little different, so I'll post it anyway! :smile:

Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends

Welcome to the 2006 Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends! You know the drill. Highlight, copy, and paste (not forward) and change my answers to your answers. Be sure to send back to me. Enjoy!! Everyone has time for a few moments of fun! Don't be a scrooge!!!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Puts them in a stocking

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? white

5. When do you put your decorations up? the week of Thanksgiving

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? What else is there

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Dont know

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I dont know watcha mean :-o :-D

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes always

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?changes every year

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Snow – Dont have it

12. Can you ice skate? no

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? ...

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with family and friends. The excitement in the air.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? ALL!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Eve

17. What tops your tree? Angel

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Both

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? All of em

ReineV 11-14-2006 10:56 PM

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate (both)

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? we only use white lights, we're not fans of colored lights

5. When do you put your decorations up? first weekend in December

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? my moms mac&cheese casserole

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: getting our puppy while spending a white Christmas in upstate New York at my grandmas with my mom and sisters

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was 8 and realized Santa and my mom's handwriting looked too much alike.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Sometimes

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? It changes every few years. This year it will be pale blue and gold ribbons, mini-stockings, and bulbs with white lights

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE IT...but RARELY get it

12. Can you ice skate? Not very well, but I can stay up long enough to avoid serious injury.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My dog Homey(RIP baby!)

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with my family and friends, enjoying each others company and thanking God for all the blessings we have.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Sweet potato pie

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Going to the farmers market and picking out the best Christmas tree we can find, then going home and decorating it with my family and friends

17. What tops your tree? A bow hand-made by my mom

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? The Christmas Song sung by Nat King Cole

mrshamm 11-15-2006 12:39 AM

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? BOTH

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps them

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? white on the tree and apartment

4. Do you hang mistletoe? we are this year

5. When do you put your decorations up? the day after thanksgiving

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? augratin potatoes

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: too many to pick a favorite

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? when I was in kindergarten or first grade I asked my mom if there was a santa and she said that it was just a legend. I always pretended that I still believed in him (actually, I still act like it )

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? sometimes

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? red and gold ornaments, gold tinsel, red icicles, white lights, and a gold star on the top.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love snow bu HATE traveling in it.

12. Can you ice skate? yep

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?my letterman jacket and class ring

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? all of the yummy breads

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? seeing the lights and caroling

17. What tops your tree? a gold star

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? I love both but I get more excitement from giving.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? carol of the bells.

Christy Carol 11-15-2006 06:38 AM

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Eggnog

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps 'em up

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored!!!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Yes, if I can find it fresh in the woods

5. When do you put your decorations up? Thanksgiving weekend

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Hot buttered croissants

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: decorating the dollhouse I had gotten the year before.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I dont really know...not that I have forgotten, I just dont know when I knew the truth. It just sort of happened.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? and the day before...

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? This year I am doing a blue themed tree

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it, love to watch it fall, will NOT drive in it

12. Can you ice skate? I can barely walk on the stuff

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Last year, my house!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with my family

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Amaretto cheesecake

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? helping my parents with their decorating

17. What tops your tree? just got a new angel this year

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving, Honestly! I feel awkward receiving.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? There is no way I can list just one...

TwinkleLights25 11-16-2006 12:32 AM

YAY! These are fun!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Oooo thats tough! I guess I'll say hot chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps 'em!!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored!!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? I think I may have before, but its not a tradition with me.

5. When do you put your decorations up? No definet day. Already have a couple or so up now, but I'll wait til after Thanksgiving to put the rest up.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Sausage balls, & cocktail weiners w/bbq sauce!!! Wash it down with the yummy punch mom makes!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Oh goodness! Well, I don't remember any bad Christmas', but I don't know if I have a fav. in particular.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember how, maybe I just realized from getting older, and I guess maybe I was 9 or 10?

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Oh yeah! Actually, now I get more than one. One from the hubby, one from mom & dad, and usually on Christmas Eve or some other day before Christmas I would get to open my presents from my hubby's grandparents (parents) when I would go over there. Now that he's my hubby and I'll be there visiting on Christmas day, I'll prob. have to wait til Christmas to open them there. :)

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Ornaments, icicles (sometimes, if not every time), and lights. With an angel on top, that Ive had since I was little. That's the tree in my bedroom when I lived at mom & dad's. Now, in our own home, there will be ornaments, lights, maybe icicles (tinsel), and either the angel or a new topper. :)

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I like it!

12. Can you ice skate? HAHAHA!! Not very well...........

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Ummm.........One of them would have to be my Windows XP comp. from mom & dad last Christmas. :)

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? #1, the reason for the season, Jesus.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Hmmm...I would have to say "Preacher Cookies" mom makes! :)

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Christmas Eve party at my aunt's house w/family, etc., opening presents! hehe, just to name a couple.....

17. What tops your tree? An angel I've had since I was little girl. Maybe this year we may get a new topper, I dont know.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Both

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Ack! How can I chose one? hehe! Well, one of them would be Merry Christmas from the Family by Jill Sobule.

RavenHardt 11-16-2006 12:51 AM

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? EGGNOG FIRST...HOT COCOA ON THE WAY TO THE STORE TO REPLENISH EGGNOG SUPPLY

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? WRAPS THEM...SOMETIMES RATHER CRAPPY I MIGHT ADD....LOL

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? HUBBY LIKES COLORED BUT I LIKE THE CLEAR AND ESPECIALLY THE BLUE ONES...THEY MAKE SNOWFLAKES LOOK OH SO PRETTY !!!!!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? NO, BUT THIS YEAR I THINK I MIGHT

5. When do you put your decorations up? THE WEEK AFTER HALLOWEEN...BUT TO BE HONEST, IF I HAD IT MY WAY...I WOULD NEVER TAKE THEM DOWN

6. What is your favorite holiday dish EGGNOG CHEESECAKE

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: DRIVING AROUND WITH MOM AND DAD LOOKING AT CRISTMAS LIGHTS ON CHRISTMAS EVE....NOTICING THAT EVERYONE DECORATED AND NO ONE WAS AFRAID TO SPEND A BUCK ON DECORATIONS AND SPREAD SOME CHRISTMAS CHEER.WE EVEN HAD CAROLERS IN LONG ISLAND BACK IN THE 70'S...UNLIKE NOWADAYS...SADLY

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? WHAT TRUTH ABOUT SANTA ???????????

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? NO

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? WITH MY HANDS...MY FEET ARE NOT AS COORDINATED

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE IT!

12. Can you ice skate? NO

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? A PURPLE SCHWINN

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? BEING WITH THE ONES THAT I LOVE

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? EGGNOG CHEESECAKE

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? CALLING RELATIVES

17. What tops your tree? SILVER PENTAGRAM

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? GIVING

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?

ChristmasRyan 11-16-2006 04:33 AM

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? hot coco.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? both.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? colored on tree, white on the house.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? strange, we never have.

5. When do you put your decorations up? little after thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? turkey.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: the christmas parades and candlewalks up town.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? i dont remember lol.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? nope.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? multicolored lights, tinsel, random ornaments, garland and of course the tree skirt.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it!, i love making snowmen and watching it at night with the christmas tree on.

12. Can you ice skate? lol no, i fall down.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? hm, probably my ipod lol.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? being happy, seeing family, decorating and enjoying myself.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? cookies!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? we buy new pajamas on christmas eve so we all have new pj's to wake up in on christmas.

17. What tops your tree? an angel that light lights up.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? giving.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Jingle Bell Rock

:wiggy: