Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Together (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Year Round Christmas Store (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23603)

RachRon 01-04-2011 08:11 AM

Year Round Christmas Store

For a long time now I have considered jumping in and leasing a small store front for a year round christmas store however I just cant figure out how to keep people thinking Christmas in April, May and June .Present company excluded. If all the members of these forums lived in my town I would be all set.

xmas365 01-04-2011 08:18 AM

There is a small Christmas store in my town that is only open July 4 and then Mid-November-Dec. 24. Another one that is local opens in May-December. I guess you would just have to figure out ways to draw customers in with special days, or crafts on making your own ornaments. I could imagine this time of year would be very tough without big clearance sales.

mrichmond636 01-04-2011 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachRon (Post 318372)
For a long time now I have considered jumping in and leasing a small store front for a year round christmas store however I just cant figure out how to keep people thinking Christmas in April, May and June .Present company excluded. If all the members of these forums lived in my town I would be all set.

I know of a few shops in the UK that are open for the whole year and sell only christmas everything! They must do well for themselves as I am sure they would have closed by now! There must be a market for them!

Christmas-A-Holic 01-04-2011 08:47 AM

We have 2 year round Christmas stores in our area. They have been in business for awhile and doing well. They did tell me they sell a lot of Christmas lights year round when people are having weddings, parties, etc. because they can't buy them anywhere else during the spring and summer.

These stores also have a selection of other holiday items, Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween and more. Those items are not stocked year round but only as those holidays arrive. You might considered a section of your store to serve that purpose to keep business year round. I am sure when they pop in for Easter goodies they will take an interest in the Christmas items as well.

Good luck to you and keep us posted. =)

made582 01-04-2011 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic (Post 318399)
These stores also have a selection of other holiday items, Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween and more. Those items are not stocked year round but only as those holidays arrive. You might considered a section of your store to serve that purpose to keep business year round. I am sure when they pop in for Easter goodies they will take an interest in the Christmas items as well.

That was my idea also.

George Broderick, Jr. 01-05-2011 08:44 AM

A lot of the smaller year round stores are closed in January for inventory... I don't know how the chains do it...

Nutcracker 01-28-2011 08:18 AM

There's an all-Christmas near me in Banff, Alberta, which is open year-round. They seem to do pretty well for themselves, but I suspect it's because they're in the centre of tourist town. I bought a beaut of a nutcracker last time I was there. cheesy

gabulldawg 02-01-2011 06:21 AM

There is a Christmas store at the Factory outlet mall in my town. I don't know how it mangages to stay open here,Im sure it is the Interstate traffic for everyone going down to Florida for the winter/spring breaks/and summer vacations. The lady that owns it was already loaded anyway so I'm sure that helps as well. I love going in it from time to time but things are too expensive for my tastes!

George Broderick, Jr. 02-01-2011 08:27 AM

A lot of it has to do with a catchy store name... there's a thread elsewhere on the forum that discusses that very topic...

http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=23610

ScottCalvin 02-02-2011 02:34 AM

There will be the unique factor, a Christmas store 364, plus I guess online sales will be a help as well for those that live some distance away.