Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Member of the Month (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   Announcement May 2011 Member of the Month (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24100)

Jeff Westover 05-26-2011 12:39 AM

May 2011 Member of the Month

We are pleased to announce the first ever MMC Member of the Month – Bradmac!

Brad lives near Savannah, Georgia, USA with his wife, Nancy, and their children, Jacob and Elizabeth. Brad works in sales and engineering for a manufacturer of utility company concrete power poles. Outside of Christmas, he loves guitar, bass fishing and computer gaming.

Around MMC Brad is well known for his friendly nature, his always encouraging word and a willingness to share life’s most precious moments. He is a stalwart especially on the Christmas Countdown thread.

“I joined MMC in November of 2008 while looking for...some Christmas cheer, I guess.” Brad tells us. “I had no idea a place of this sort even existed, much less being populated by so many wonderful folks!”

Christmas spirit runs through Brad’s veins. He is a purist in nearly every sense of the word. Santa Claus is as real to him as Christmas trees should be, he always puts an angel at the top of his tree and in his house Christmas presents are opened on Christmas morning.

Like most of us, Brad’s love of Christmas is influenced by his childhood. He fondly recalls a Christmas as a kid that was particularly memorable: “It must've been '69, and my dad had just got back from Viet Nam. Santa had brought me an electric train and daddy played with me.”

Isn’t that just like Brad? He can tell a story in just a sentence. He quickly gets to the heart of the matter. In considering how he would explain Christmas to someone of another culture who did understand it Brad put it this way: “I'd try to share the joy of giving. The kind of joy that you get after you're old enough to see the joy of receiving in a child's face, or in your parent's face.”

Brad is a sucker for Christmas tradition. He doesn’t hesitate to step back in time to define what’s great about Christmas. He lists his favorite tradition as “riding through town to see the lights that have been displayed since I was a kid!”

Christmas Eve for Brad is a magical time. “My favorite part of the Christmas season is Christmas Eve,” Brad tells us. “Especially if it's cold outside, warm inside and quiet enough to hear the music.” Food plays a part in that as Brad tells us that no Christmas is complete without the food. “I LOVE red pepper jelly on cream cheese with triscuits. And turkey...don't forget the turkey.”

But Brad is also a contemporary guy, willing to spread his Christmas tradition wings and try something new. In fact, his most memorable moment on My Merry Christmas came on Christmas Eve in the Countdown thread this last year. How he balanced that with lights, red pepper jelly and his family has to be a new kind of Christmas miracle!

For Brad, My Merry Christmas has become a home. “It's a place that I can meet with my friends,” Brad says. “And I know everyone is interested in the well-being of each other. That's very rare on internet boards.”

When I watch Brad’s activity on MMC I smile. He’s just a regular guy. But he’s not just a regular guy. He’s Christmas every day of the year. More of us should be that way.

Thank you, Brad, for your ongoing friendship, loyalty and goodness to us all here on My Merry Christmas. We so appreciate you.

Congratulations on being our first (and historic) Member of the Month.

thanks,
Jeff

caninemom3 05-26-2011 03:59 AM

Congratulations BRAD !!!!!

You SO deserve this !!!!

Ever since I have been at this site, you took me under your wing and treated me like I had been here forever. You made me feel so welcome it just really touched my heart !!!

I am so happy to be one of your many Christmas friends !!

BIG (((((HUGS))))) !!!!!

Would it be inappropriate to say MERRY CHRISTMAS early ?? This just makes me feel SO CHRISTMASSY !!!!!

:tree:

judesmama 05-26-2011 04:23 AM

Congratulations Brad!!! Very well deserved!

rodmonster 05-26-2011 06:03 AM

=)

Way to go Brad!

:treeguy:

ballcoach 05-26-2011 06:14 AM

Congrats, BradMac!!! Well-deserved!!!

Christmasstar 05-26-2011 06:34 AM

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...2np1ztb_RjCSlBhttp://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...OJyf4bbh7sgxyH
Much deserved, and wonderful that you get to also make history here on the forums!
Way to go Brad!

RachRon 05-26-2011 06:48 AM

Congrats Bradmac!!!!!!

George Broderick, Jr. 05-26-2011 06:49 AM

You da Mac Braddy..! cheesy

Christmas-A-Holic 05-26-2011 06:58 AM

Congratulations Brad! You have been a great friend to me. Well deserved! cheesy

Snow-in-Texas 05-26-2011 07:00 AM

Congratulations Bradmac, very much deserved. Your kindness and your love for Christmas and your family come through very well here on the forums.