Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Summer is here (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24353)

Adam 06-15-2011 10:39 PM

Summer is here

Ahhhhhh summer is here and its HOT!!!!!!!

I remember this time last year when I joined these forums, it was almost summer. We hit summer and I remember Christmas in July here last year. I often wonder how the heck I get through these darn warm summers.

I long for cool weather, Halloween and Christmas. We are so close to Halloween, 3 months until October and that means Christmas will be very soon! I try to remember its getting closer to my favorite holidays when the days are so hot like this.

How do you handle the summer weather? Crank up the AC and listen to some Christmas music?

jayden28 06-16-2011 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockchild (Post 349759)
Ahhhhhh summer is here and its HOT!!!!!!!

I remember this time last year when I joined these forums, it was almost summer. We hit summer and I remember Christmas in July here last year. I often wonder how the heck I get through these darn warm summers.

I long for cool weather, Halloween and Christmas. We are so close to Halloween, 3 months until October and that means Christmas will be very soon! I try to remember its getting closer to my favorite holidays when the days are so hot like this.

How do you handle the summer weather? Crank up the AC and listen to some Christmas music?

Being in the uk it isnt a problem handling the summer weather because our summers are useless,if we get 2 weeks of good warm weather thats classed as a great summer over here.

happyelf 06-16-2011 02:16 AM

Hahahahahaha as Jayden28 quite rightly says unfortunately we don't have that problem in the UK. We all sit patiently waiting for Summer to arrive and it always passes us by - we had a few nice days in April and a couple more this month but temperatures rarely got above 80 on the hottest of days.

judesmama 06-16-2011 05:49 AM

Tears and alcohol?

hehehe, I kid!

I watch a lot of Christmas stuff, crank up the Christmas tunes (and the a/c FOR SURE) and hide from the sun. UGH, I hate the summer! We go to the mall a lot to beat the heat and try to scope out Christmas goodies hiding in stores, too!

MsChristmas 06-16-2011 08:00 AM

Not a fan of the hot summer either. I love to take the kids down in the basement to play since its so chilly down there. We make Christmas cookies sometimes, listen to Christmas music a lot.. I do like to take them swimming but I honestly would like a few weeks of warm (not HOT) weather and then skip into the beautiful Fall Days cheesy

Adam 06-16-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsChristmas (Post 349809)
Not a fan of the hot summer either. I love to take the kids down in the basement to play since its so chilly down there. We make Christmas cookies sometimes, listen to Christmas music a lot.. I do like to take them swimming but I honestly would like a few weeks of warm (not HOT) weather and then skip into the beautiful Fall Days cheesy

Exactly :) A few warmer days is okay but not HOT. It stays SO Hot here for another three months.

Storeytime 06-18-2011 12:04 AM

It was 104 degrees today. What do you do with that but stay inside and hope your air conditioning can keep up, which mine can't. It runs 24 hours trying to keep up with the heat.

I guess you spend more time at My Merry Christmas.com!

:snowball:

Maureen 06-18-2011 03:56 AM

I really wish I could argue the UK viewpoint but I can't - summers here suck bigtime!!!!

I've got a wedding at 3pm today and the bride is adamant it's taking place outside. Yay - it's currently 54* F and bucketing down. She has no contingency plans. You just want to pick her up gently by the throat and explain - in words of one syllable - that she is currently in Scotland and not the Maldives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My next wedding is at 5pm but that's in a hotel and I will, by that point, be sporting the latest in soggy wedding attire and frizzy hair!!

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...oose/rain1.gif

judesmama 06-18-2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maureen (Post 350090)
I really wish I could argue the UK viewpoint but I can't - summers here suck bigtime!!!!

I've got a wedding at 3pm today and the bride is adamant it's taking place outside. Yay - it's currently 54* F and bucketing down. She has no contingency plans. You just want to pick her up gently by the throat and explain - in words of one syllable - that she is currently in Scotland and not the Maldives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My next wedding is at 5pm but that's in a hotel and I will, by that point, be sporting the latest in soggy wedding attire and frizzy hair!!

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...oose/rain1.gif

Ooooh no! Sounds like the bride wants a wet tshirt contest instead of a wedding, hehe!

ReineV 06-18-2011 12:41 PM

I don't think the temperature has been UNDER 90 F here since May! It's awful! Bleh. My birthday may be in the summer time, but this is really my least favorite season! Can't wait til crisp Fall afternoons, red & orange leaves and football!!