Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Member of the Month (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   Announcement June 2011 Member of the Month (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24424)

Jeff Westover 06-25-2011 11:43 AM

June 2011 Member of the Month

Our June 2011 Member of the Month is Xmas365.

It was a cold January day in 2010 when Ron (Xmas365) found MMC while suffering a bout of post-Christmas blues. Here we are not even a year and half later and Xmas365 has made his mark on us with more than 18,000 posts and a very active blog here on MMC.

Living in a small western Massachusetts town with his wife and two young boys Xmas365 makes his living as a retail manager. He is an avid Boston Bruins fan (and a happy one this year!) and loves to read, especially Dan Brown and Michael Crichton. Xmas365 is also a movie buff.

Christmas flows through Ron’s veins and burns in his heart. We see that abundantly in his activity here on MMC. He describes his best Christmas memory as his first as a Dad, seeing that glow on the faces of his family, sharing in their love and excitement for the season.

Xmas365 has openly shared his dream of opening his own Christmas store – a dream he shares with many here on MMC. But something tells me that with Ron’s background this is more than a dream. It’s a plan! We are so excited to see him put this together, no matter how long it takes. Xmas365 believes in Christmas – and we believe in him.

We were touched this spring as Xmas365 shared with us the terrifying experience of a rare tornado touchdown in his little New England town. In graphic, vivid detail he shared not only what the photos in the media confirmed but also the gut wrenching emotions of uncertainty in those moments of danger – and the redemptive, grateful feelings of relief in knowing that his family survived even though his community was severely banged up.

In sharing these experiences in such a heartfelt fashion Xmas365 showcases what he has come to feel through his interactions here on MMC.
“This place is my favorite place to visit online,” Ron says. “I have developed relationships with many wonderful people through this site, I have learned new traditions, and songs, I learned I was not alone in my love for Christmas and/or the post-Christmas blues. This site also helped me realize that my dream is to open a Christmas store. This site has helped me grow more as a person.”

On a personal level I feel a real connection to someone like Xmas365. Christmas is one of those areas where as a husband and a father I can showcase my love for my family more than in any other way. Not a lot of men are that way, though we sure seem to have found a few here on MMC. Ron oozes that kind of devotion for his family with not only his constant presence but his ongoing conversations about what it all means to him. His family is his center and that’s a beautiful thing to see in any person. To me, this is the measure of a man.

Thank you, Xmas365, for all you bring to MMC. It is our pleasure to honor you as our Member of the Month!

Jeff

made582 06-25-2011 11:47 AM

Congratulations Xmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

judesmama 06-25-2011 01:48 PM

So well deserved! He has kept the spirit alive, even when faced with a tragedy in his own hometown!

Congratulations!!

Meceka 06-25-2011 03:45 PM

Congratulations, Xmas - I am so happy for you!!!!

irishsnow 06-25-2011 03:53 PM

Congrats cheesy

caninemom3 06-25-2011 04:29 PM

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...XSEroX7ALxoRLg

WOO-HOO !!! SO DESERVED !!! XO

Christmas-A-Holic 06-25-2011 04:53 PM

Very well deserved, Xmas365!

Congratulations! :thumbsup:

xmas365 06-25-2011 06:34 PM

Thank you all, I am so honored by this.

Seawaters 06-25-2011 08:33 PM

What an excellent choice. Congratulations, Xmas365!!!

ballcoach 06-25-2011 09:38 PM

Well deserved! Congreat, Xmas!