Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Shopping (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   What gifts have you already purchased? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24732)

mommytotwo 07-10-2011 11:19 PM

What gifts have you already purchased?

I shop year around which really helps since I have more than 80 people on my gift list, with many of them receiving multiple gifts. I have been purchasing things here, and there and have been getting things that are more "useful" for many of my recipents other than getting knick knack like items.

What have you purchased so far, and what sort of things are you thinking of getting?

irishsnow 07-11-2011 05:03 AM

Haven't bought anything yet this year :-?

happyelf 07-12-2011 03:19 AM

I've purchased quite a lot for the children and will be making a lot of home made gifts for the adults this year so am starting to stock up on Kiln jars and bottles to make chilli jam and cranberry vodka!
We go to France on holiday soon so I will keep my eye open to see what lovely things I can pick up!

MerryCarey 07-12-2011 07:24 AM

We've got some things in our "gift box" that we keep---when we find something that would make a good gift for someone, we buy it then and there and put it in the "gift box." Around Labor Day we take inventory of the "gift box" and make a list of people we still need to buy for.

And I've got a couple things for Mr.---a bio of Bing Crosby and a Hawaiian shirt with a Red Sox motif ... shhhh!

MsChristmas 07-12-2011 09:26 AM

I have bought things for my mom, mother in law, 2 ladies I work with, my best friend, her mom and her aunt, my aunt, my grandma, both of my sister in laws. I have also picked up afew things for my Sonís but I am about to start getting very serious =0) . I have a lot more to get for my niece, god daughter and parents, brother, husband and course both my boys but it feels great to get a head start on gift buying!

lmm8606 07-12-2011 12:10 PM

I started my shopping last week! This is the earliest I've ever started ... and I got my sister some new perfume :D

judesmama 07-12-2011 12:22 PM

I bought mostly stuff for my oldest, who is 3, since my baby's birthday is next month (already got his bday stuff done last month!) I got him a bunch of stuff for great deals on clearance... a Cars set with all the cars characters, pirate ship, some crafty things, hmm.. a few other things that I can't remember, which is good I guess! It'll be a surprise to me when I wrap them ,lol!

For the parents or people shopping for kiddos - Target's toy clearance has begun! Stuff is mostly 30% off at my store and some 50% stuff mixed in. One year, I scored BIG TIME with a bunch of 75% off deals! Over $300 worth of toys for $80!!

Holiday 07-12-2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommytotwo (Post 354999)
I shop year around which really helps since I have more than 80 people on my gift list, with many of them receiving multiple gifts. I have been purchasing things here, and there and have been getting things that are more "useful" for many of my recipents other than getting knick knack like items.

What have you purchased so far, and what sort of things are you thinking of getting?

More than 80 people??? :o And here I thought I bought for a lot of people! Lol! That's great! I would be at a loss for what to buy! You go girl! :)

I bought 2011 ornaments for 2 of my Godchildren, & a baby's 1st Christmas ornament for my hubby's new Goddaughter. I also bought a piece to the Fontanini nativity scene for my Goddaughter. This all came from Bronners so I got 2 free ornaments too! :D

Mumof2 07-16-2011 03:05 PM

I've been a bad girl this year,I've got nothin' so far. I need to start soon though.

MsChristmas 07-18-2011 02:39 PM

On Friday night I bought a cars football for my oldest Son and yesterday at Toys R Us they were having their Christmas in July sale , they had some crayola stuff buy one get one free.. so I got my god daughter, niece and both of my Son's a few crayola things!