Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Halloween (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   yankee candle halloween candles (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25801)

christmas87 08-10-2011 07:21 AM

yankee candle halloween candles

yankee candle has its halloween candles and holders out.they come out with new boney collection...cant wait til its fall.

GingerMel 08-10-2011 08:06 AM

Meeeeeee toooooooo...but I've got a question.

Are these candles really worth the expense?

whitney37354 08-10-2011 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GingerMel (Post 364465)

Do you mean the Yankee Candles in general or the Halloween candles specifically? If you are in Knoxville, there is a Yankee Candle store in West Town Mall. I don't know if Knoxville Center Mall has one or not.

We live about 45 minutes from West Knoxville, so that's our part of town to shop in when we make a trip to the "big city"! I think the candles generally are worth the money. They seem to have a better scent & they last a long time. I usually buy a couple each year & they can get us through for a while. We don't burn them every day though.

GingerMel 08-10-2011 09:53 AM

Oh neat! You're in the Knoxville area too!

Yes, I meant: are the Yankee Candles in general worth the money?

They are SO expensive. I've never had a single one. The issue is that I burn candles a LOT so if they're that expensive it makes it hard to justify the expense, ya know? I mean, really what I should do is to get a YC or two and burn them here or there and burn the cheaper ones more often.

I just don't want to get hooked on really pricey candles! hah hah.:coffin:

christmas87 08-10-2011 10:05 AM

some of them are.i mean it depends on what type you get.they have the ones tht are $2 some are $10 and so on.and of course how many much u burn it for.me personlly i normally just wait for the holiday candles like halloween and christmas to come out and buy some of those.

shellie12 08-10-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GingerMel (Post 364465)

Beleive me they are... i have a cholocate truffle burning as i write this and i could eat it . i have found the small jars are not as good as the large and probably because the large has more smell as you burn it and the tarts are just brillant and last for about 2/3 hours
the tarts are great to just test a smell. no point in buying a large jar if your not gonna like the smell

judesmama 08-10-2011 10:26 AM

The smell lasts a looong time .. and they smell sooo good. I usually buy them at Marshalls or Ross, though! I am cheap!

Holiday 08-11-2011 08:11 AM

I rec'd the Yankee Candle fall catalog in the mail yesterday. It has scented pages, so you can "sample" smell about a dozen candles!! Makes me want them all! ;) From what I can tell from sniffing a catalog page (lol) the new Natures Paintbrush smells WONDERFUL!!

GingerMel 08-11-2011 10:25 AM

I guess I'll probably try one this year then. I've literally never tried a single one.

Holiday 08-15-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GingerMel (Post 364820)
I guess I'll probably try one this year then. I've literally never tried a single one.

Yep, I think you should! Keep an eye on their website or sign up for their emails. Sometimes they run specials or send coupons!