Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Together (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   How much more will you spend on decorations in 2011? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26494)

Jeff Westover 08-29-2011 09:11 AM

How much more will you spend on decorations in 2011?

We're starting to see the early signs of Christmas in the stores and that always begins with decorations -- especially lights.

Some are critical of stores who would have Christmas available so early but for those enthusiasts with significant displays or those crafters with big projects (or for the shopper who merely purchases such stuff to ship overseas to loved ones where it is not available) it is necessary to have them available in stores.

Given the economy, what are your plans for 2011? Will you be putting up more decorations this year -- or less?

Jeff

caninemom3 08-29-2011 09:14 AM

Actually this year for us is a little better than last year. We plan to put up the same decorations we have for years and maybe try to spend a little more on gifts and definitely try to give more to charities for those less fortunate. :tree:

shellie12 08-29-2011 09:52 AM

o boy have already spead about 670 which must be about $1000
i bought a 7ft ferris wheel and singing buck and a set of 3 gemmy light shoe tree.s
they came to $579 and then the postage to northern ieland which was $330
i dont really mind as i dont go on holiday and i live to get the lights up outdoors
also bought a airblown snowman musical lightshow and a airblown mrs clause befour that
think thats me finished for this year with outdoor !! on saying that i have not seen gemmys new airblown for this year yet...am hoping i dont like them :whisper:

Mumof2 08-29-2011 11:05 AM

I need to but a few things this year.mostly ornaments and lights. oh and a few small christmas trees.

Meceka 08-29-2011 11:16 AM

I've got a shopping trip to Bronners' planned - it is easy to spend a lot there, but I have a budget and I am going to stick to it, so I'll be spending on the low end. I try to find good, quality ornaments that will last a life-time and beyond, like the ones my dad bought when I was a child.

Christmas-A-Holic 08-29-2011 11:20 AM

I voted none but forgot that we always buy our yearly ornament to add to the tree.

If I try to buy one more decoration we will have to move to another house to make room for storing! Yikes! I have been collecting decorations for over 30 years. I cannot even bring out all my decorations every year because we have too many. I am always tempted to buy more every year so you just never know. :wink:

I am not a pack rat with other items in my house, just Christmas!

As far as buying the yearly ornament for our Christmas Tree, that plan stays in place regardless! cheesy

MerryBells 08-29-2011 11:26 AM

I voted 'minimal'. Honestly, it's not that we wouldn't like more decorations, but our paychecks aren't keeping up with the bills now. Looks like all the good vintage stuff is coming out again this year!

candysprinkles 08-29-2011 02:25 PM

I don't think we will buy very many decorations this year. I have been on a crafting kick and I have already made more than a dozen handmade ornaments from my scrapbooking supplies. We do have a lot of Disney ornaments that are in need of repair, but I am thinking of just retiring them. Each year we make several different ornaments either from craft kits or that I find online. I like the custom handmade ornaments and with scrapbook supplies you can change your color theme each year.

jayden28 08-29-2011 02:39 PM

Im not looking to spend a great deal this year as last year i spent over 300 on decorations so not a great deal is needed,i would say around 100 this year should cover everthing but you never knowcheesy.

jayden28 08-29-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellie12 (Post 370448)
o boy have already spead about 670 which must be about $1000
i bought a 7ft ferris wheel and singing buck and a set of 3 gemmy light shoe tree.s
they came to $579 and then the postage to northern ieland which was $330
i dont really mind as i dont go on holiday and i live to get the lights up outdoors
also bought a airblown snowman musical lightshow and a airblown mrs clause befour that
think thats me finished for this year with outdoor !! on saying that i have not seen gemmys new airblown for this year yet...am hoping i dont like them :whisper:

i cant wait to see your pics of your house come december its gonna look awesome.