Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Halloween (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Whats for dinner at Halloween? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28716)

Solice 10-28-2011 05:17 AM

Whats for dinner at Halloween?

Yes, what do you eat this day for dinner? :pumpkin:

gabulldawg 10-28-2011 08:19 AM

hmm. I have not thought about what we will have for dinner this year. I know the kids start ringing my doorbell around 6pm so we may just bring a burger home from work. I get home around 330 on that day. This is the first year I have had to work on halloween in a long time. I use to eat my big meal at lunch because the last place I want to be on halloween evening is in the kitchen! we have about 200 to 300 kids at halloween. It's wonderful,one year I could not even find my house because so many cars and people were blocking the streets in my heighborhood!

whitney37354 10-28-2011 08:23 AM

When we lived in town we would make a big pot of chili & have sandwiches with it. Both sides of our family would come over & help give out treats to 8-125 kids. Neither of us had trick-or-treaters at our homes when we were kids, so Halloween was always exciting when we were first married. DH would decorate the front porch & yard & we all had a great time.

Now we live outside of town & have no trick-or-treaters. All of our siblings have kids to take out, & we have DD to take out. We take DD to Halloween in the City to trick-or-treat. Some years we go to a restaurant to eat afterward, sometimes we grill a hot dog before we go. It just depends on what day of the week the celebration is on.

Julie 10-28-2011 10:15 AM

We have a tradition in the family that we all go out to our grandparent's little village outside of town and go trick or treating there. Grandma makes this huge thing of chili. When I was little, I can only remember ever having chili on Halloween, so it was a big thing for me. They moved last year, but even though we're not sure how many people will show up; we're still making the chili. :)

frostyman 10-28-2011 12:05 PM

so far I know we're having hot dogs but not sure what else yet

MerryBells 10-28-2011 12:34 PM

Usually take out, like Pizza or Chinese. We do a lot of moving around of Halloween decor in the yard on Halloween afternoon. Kids start arriving around 4:00 (for the really young ones). After that, it's like "Open House" until around 9:30 or 10:00. We get a lot of Trick or Treaters, and we love it!

sugar142286 10-29-2011 06:58 AM

We normally don't do anything Halloween themed, but I think this year we are going to. I think I am going to make "Mummy Dogs" (cresent hot dogs), some type of Halloween themed side dish (I need to find a recipe), then a dessert using left over Halloween candy. I'm excited!

Solice 10-30-2011 04:23 AM

Thank you! ♥ I love love love traditions...
But, Im still not sure what we are going to eat tomorrow..hehe..

made582 10-30-2011 08:50 AM

We'll probably have pizza.

happyelf 10-31-2011 04:50 AM

Think I'll do a chilli and probably some stuffed potatoes (cheese and bacon I think)

Better get a move on!!!!!
:frankenstein: