Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Home Alone 2 - baffling questions! (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30998)

kelly ann 11-28-2011 01:26 PM

Home Alone 2 - baffling questions!

We're watching Home Alone 2 again tonight, much to my son's dismay as he's scared of it LOL...but I've come across some things which don't make sense to me. Maybe I'm wrong but how come at the airport Kevin's father hands him his bag to get the batteries out when we see in the scene outside Duncan's toystore the initials on the bag says K Mcallister?(the father is called 'Peter?') and it's the only bag kevin has on him. And where does that inflatable clown come from when the mother told him to pack it in his own suitcase?? I know it isn't important and film-makers make drastic mistakes all the time, but I've seen this film sooo many times over the years and didn't twig about these things until now. lol

MerryCarey 11-28-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly ann (Post 400853)
We're watching Home Alone 2 again tonight, much to my son's dismay as he's scared of it LOL...but I've come across some things which don't make sense to me. Maybe I'm wrong but how come at the airport Kevin's father hands him his bag to get the batteries out when we see in the scene outside Duncan's toystore the initials on the bag says K Mcallister?(the father is called 'Peter?') and it's the only bag kevin has on him. And where does that inflatable clown come from when the mother told him to pack it in his own suitcase?? I know it isn't important and film-makers make drastic mistakes all the time, but I've seen this film sooo many times over the years and didn't twig about these things until now. lol

I think Kevin's father's bag and Kevin's backpack are two different bags. I assume that Kevin's father's bag is locked up in the hotel room while Kevin is out on the town with his backpack. It would make it look like Kevin's father had checked in. I can't remember if Kevin had both his father's bag and his backpack before he checked in the hotel ...

The Bozo is a good question! Kevin didn't like it, so he wouldn't have put it in his backpack, and it certainly wouldn't be in his father's bag. I guess the script girl in charge of continuity was off that day! Good catch!

rufas2000 11-28-2011 04:31 PM

I don't really have an answer to the specific questions but those type of movies beg for a suspension of disbelief. The details can't get in the way of a cute / funny / interesting story. Whenever I do bring up that sort of question my mom (if she's the one I'm watching it with) says "You're overthinking it". LOL

Very observant though, my complements.

MerryCarey 11-28-2011 09:16 PM

In the "golden age of Hollywood," the answer to those questions used to be: "Because the d--- prop man put it there!"

George Broderick, Jr. 11-30-2011 08:42 AM

Actually, the big question is why they call it "Home" Alone 2 when the kid is nowhere near his home...

kelly ann 11-30-2011 02:34 PM

@GEORGE...Now why didn't I think of that LOL

joyful 12-01-2011 06:22 AM

Good question, George.

I really prefer Home Alone 3. I think it's a cute movie and I like the kid in the lead role better than the kid in the first two.

Jessica1988 12-01-2011 06:53 AM

I am so happy to join this forum.:???:

leah 12-03-2011 05:27 PM

I've always wondered why Kevin's dad's swim trunks were in his carry on bag, lol. Because if you remember Kevin goes swimming at the hotel.

TwinkleLights25 12-06-2011 10:15 PM

Welcome!