Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Food (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   What will you be eating on Christmas Day? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33780)

Sanity Clause 12-23-2011 07:21 AM

What will you be eating on Christmas Day?

I'll have turkey, potatoes, brusseles sprouts, parsnips, mince pies and Christmas pudding.

sdkluger 12-23-2011 08:16 AM

lasagna, garlic bread, salad, and some other things too.

gabulldawg 12-23-2011 08:24 AM

this year we are toning things down and we are just having finger foods and fried turkey on Christmas Eve.

Courtney 12-23-2011 08:54 AM

Christmas Eve:
Pizza

Christmas Dinner:
Spiral Ham
Mashed Potatoes
Sweet Carrots
Bean Salad
Honey Rolls
Wine
[Appetizer: Cream Cheese Ball w/ Crackers]

Goodies:
Banana Bread
Pumpkin Pie
Blueberry Pie
Raspberry Pie
Dump Cake
Peanut Butter Cookies
Sugar Cookies

And whatever everyone else decides to bring...
:sparkle:

MerryBells 12-23-2011 08:59 AM

Here we go!

Christmas Eve; whatever we can grab quickly, usually McDonald's.

Christmas Day Lunch; sandwiches and egg nog.

Christmas Dinner; Usually the grand dinner of all dinners in the year, but since the whole family is going to be in Church most of Christmas day, we're ordering from Boston Market. Turkey, Roast beef, whatever veggies come with it. And for dessert it's chocolate Lava Cake, and Ice Cream snowmen (with or without coconut, diner's choice). Not too bad!

ScottCalvin 12-23-2011 09:01 AM

have changed from a Turkey this year on the 25th gone for a nice Chicken, but in the evening will go to my Sisters where they will be a great buffet.

jinglebellrock512 05-18-2012 01:15 PM

We always eat breakfast casserole and honey bun cake for brunch and Christmas dinner at my grandmothers with turkey and all the yummy fixins

Lacim84 05-21-2012 07:23 PM

Christmas eve dinner is always light because we have to make room for eggnog and all the yummy treats I spend all day making. This puts my kids in a sugar coma so they can't hear Santa when he comes.

Christmas breakfast is either breakfast tacos or pancakes. Lunch is always very light, maybe a casserole or something like that.

Dinner has always been traditional, turkey with all the fixings. But since we do the same thing on Thankgiving, I'm thinking about changing it up this year. We'll see. But one thing for sure, there will be tons of pies, cakes & cookies! That will never change!

xmastidings 05-22-2012 10:44 AM

For the last few years, we have been shaking things up a bit so, last year we decided to do a Chesapeake Bay sort of theme with Maryland Crab soup (with old Bay seasoning), spicy fried shrimp, baked scallops and of course some traditional Ham and such...

I felt like Santa's bag later that evening; stuffed to overflowing......

:stuffed::mad:

Sunshine73 07-12-2012 12:51 PM

Mmmmm...Christmas food. *said in my best Homer Simpson voice*

For us it's Christmas Eve with the in-laws so some of the best appetizer and snack type foods ever created. Along with a healthy dose of sugar in the form of cookies and candies.

Christmas Day with my family is Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, scalloped corn (which we make every year - no one seems to ever eat it but if we don't make it people are bummed. We're weird), burn and serve rolls, cranberry sauce (from a can so it has those handy cutting lines) and tons of desserts!