Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Food (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   Nativity Scenes (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3379)

Merry Sage 06-01-2007 04:18 AM

Nativity Scenes

1 Attachment(s)
Do you use them, or some aspect of the Christ Child, as part of your decorating? My mum used to have a beautiful ceramic set she made years ago. Unfortunately, it seemed to disappear after she died.

I've been looking for a nice set to use, but so far, no luck. I know someone who knitted her own set! Its lovely. Shame I'm a craft numpty.

dvdelf 06-01-2007 05:33 AM

wow i love that.
I have a couple nativity's my self

e_xander 06-01-2007 07:57 AM

I have 3 traditional nativities (ie Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus, Wisemen, Shephards, etc) that I set up and 1 with Santa kneeling to baby Jesus with animals and a manger. The traditional ones I have go like this, 1 is clear glass on a little mirror, 1 came from Sam's Club that is my wife's favorite and 1 is a blow mold, life size set that I set up outside. I'll try to find my pictures of them and post them here.

Sean

sugarplum fairy 06-01-2007 08:48 AM

I had a Precious Moments Nativity that I loved, but several pieces were accidentally broken last year. I have to find me a new one this year. I also have a snowglobe of Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus that my husband bought me for our first Christmas together. I keep it out year-round on the mantle above the fireplace. I, too, have a Santa kneeling before baby Jesus in a manger. And I have a manger scene made out of construction paper that my oldest daughter made in Kindergarten.

Merry Sage 06-04-2007 05:52 AM

I love snowglobes! Another item that is so hard to find in good quality. :snowball:

But I recently found this site, so I'm hopeful I can buy a few nice pieces. Mrs Christmas UK I love the Fairies!

MarthaK 06-04-2007 09:55 AM

I have a plaster figure set for inside that my grandmother gave to my parents when they were first married. It's the set I remember setting up each year as I was growing up.
I also have a lighted blowmold nativity as part of my outdoor decorations, and this year, I hope to do something with animated lights and tomato cages that will look like mini trees doing a children's Christmas pageant. I hope it works out.

Scot Meyers 06-05-2007 10:48 AM

Martha,
FONTANINI!! (ihope i spelled it right)
it is one of the bes quality nativity collections you will find ANYWHERE!
you can get it and just about any christmas store in the US.
Bronner's (www.bronners.com) has a great selection and you can order on line. but they are pricey.

Scot Meyers 06-05-2007 10:49 AM

Merry sage.
COSTCO has the best snowglobes for the holidays. and the San Fransisco Music Box CO is pretty cool too

MarthaK 06-05-2007 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scot Meyers (Post 29297)
Martha,
FONTANINI!! (ihope i spelled it right)
it is one of the bes quality nativity collections you will find ANYWHERE!
you can get it and just about any christmas store in the US.
Bronner's (www.bronners.com) has a great selection and you can order on line. but they are pricey.

I love those! They are very nice and if I buy a new set, that's the one I'll get. Did you know they make large OUTDOOR displays, too! Now THOSE are pricey!

Christy Carol 06-05-2007 05:24 PM

I have two that I use each year. One is a molded resin type with a straw and stone crèche. The other is a set of Hallmark ornaments that are around 6-8 inches tall and are very detailed.