Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Member of the Month (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   Announcement December 2011 Member of the Month (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34660)

Maureen 12-31-2011 03:18 PM

December 2011 Member of the Month

I thought it would be a good idea to finish December and indeed 2011 with a bang and what better way to do that than announce this month's winner of the Member of the Month award.

This member needs no introduction. She is known and loved by everyone and I'm not exaggerating when I say that she gets voted for every single month. The time has come to put aside things like "crew status" (which is something we will do every December now) and give her her proper place in the history of My Merry Christmas. Ladies and Gentleman, our December Member of the Month and also our inaugural winner of the MMC Founders Award............

Caninemom3

Every month, I send out a brief questionnaire to those in the running for the Member of the Month just to get an idea of what makes that person tick. In this case, I'm going to copy and paste all of Louann's response because she did it so beautifully, I don't want to butcher it!!!

I am from a small town in Northeast Ohio called Massillon. My vocation is to be as kind to everyone as I can and to help as many animals including polar bears as I can. I am married and have five furkids. Three are canines, Wishbone, Clancy and Ivy and the other two are felines, Smokey and Lily. I have one sister who means the world to me. I love music, everything from Mozart to Metallica and in particular, Third Day. I also love reading. There is nothing like a good book. I became a member of My Merry Christmas because I was very sad after Christmas in 2009 and felt if I could find a community whose members shared my interest in Christmas, that perhaps we could help one another not to be sad.

My favorite part of the Christmas Season is the weekend I go to my sister's home and we decorate her tree and go shopping together. We spend the whole day together and then my sister and her husband and I all go to dinner. Then it is back to their house for more decorating and watching Christmas movies with my sister.

There is no other time in the year like Christmas. To me, it is a magical time like no other in the year. If I had to share the most important part of Christmas with someone from another culture who didn't understand, I would tell them about Jesus and how I celebrate the commemoration of his birth. My traditions include the yearly trip to my sisters, watching my very favorite movies like The Polar Express, The Nativity Story, A Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim, getting my yearly copy of Christmas Ideals and listening to Nat King Cole sing The Christmas Son as many times as I can.

The best Christmas I can remember was in 1991 when my first husband, David, was alive. It was very cold just before Christmas and there was lots of snow. We happened upon a local Festival of Lights that year and it was so beautiful with all the snow. David always took great care to try and pick just the right wrapping paper as well as the right gifts for me and he wrapped each one himself. That year he outdid himself. I seem to recall something like 20 presents but it was just such a joyous Christmas Season.

My favorite Christmas food is Christmas cookies, especially my sister's cut out cookies !! Once I get started on them I don't want to quit !

I think being considered for Member Of The Month is a very special MMC moment. I do believe in Santa. I have an artifical tree so I can leave it up a really long time because when I take it down it is so sad. My tree topper is a little different. It is neither angel or star but Mary, the mother of God. She wears a lace gown and a lace mantilla and has her head bowed as she holds a candle. Open presents Christmas Eve !

My Christmas dream is to get back to Bronner's Christmas Wonderland someday.

It is so hard to describe what My Merry Christmas means to me. How does one describe what their family means ? I truly think of all who come here as my Christmas family. Because of the encouragement and love and acceptance that I have been shown here I am much more confident than I ever have been. I can be myself here and not be worried about someone saying mean things to me. It just feels like home plus everyone is a Christmas nut just like me !!

Louann - on behalf of everyone on these forums, I'd like to congratulate you on being our December Member of the Month and, most of all, thank you for being YOU. The world is a brighter place having you in it xx

(I also don't know how I'm going to get your MOM badge on top of your name; we're running out of room :D )

Bradmac 12-31-2011 03:42 PM

Wonderful, wonderful! Congratulations, Louann! :dance:

sugar142286 12-31-2011 03:48 PM

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/phot...68-296-284.gif

Congrats, Louann. I can't seriously think of anyone who deserves this more than you. I love your description about yourself. So well put.

Christmas-A-Holic 12-31-2011 03:52 PM

Very well deserved my good friend!!!!!!!
http://memorylane.com.my/catalog/img/386_full.jpg

Seawaters 12-31-2011 04:08 PM

Well-deserved!!!

ballcoach 12-31-2011 05:12 PM

Very well deserved....congrats, dear friend.

RadioJonD 12-31-2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maureen (Post 412758)
Louann - on behalf of everyone on these forums, I'd like to congratulate you on being our December Member of the Month and, most of all, thank you for being YOU. The world is a brighter place having you in it xx

Congratulations, Louann! Maureen said it best.

YellowSnow 12-31-2011 06:38 PM

Congratulations, Louanne!! You SOOOO deserve this!

YS

made582 12-31-2011 07:16 PM

Congratulations Louann!!!!!!!!

Sent from my MID7012 using Tapatalk

caninemom3 12-31-2011 07:17 PM

You all mean so much to me I cannot even express it. Coming from being the kid nobody wanted on their team in school during gym to being accepted by such a wonderful and loving community is beyond description. Christmas is indeed a magical time and this site is truly a magical site, one where we can all gather and talk and be ourselves and still be accepted. Thank you so very,very much from both bottom of my heart xoxo ((((HUGS)))) xo