Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Suggest a book (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34861)

sugar142286 01-06-2012 05:13 PM

Suggest a book

I know a lot of us on here love to read, so I thought whenever someone reads a new book and even has read a book, you could suggest the book here,that way, we all could get keep getting new ideas for books to read! I thought this would be a wonderful thread to start!

I am currently reading: On Christmas Eve by Thomas Kinkade

nmc42088 01-06-2012 06:59 PM

I think this is a great idea! I am currently reading Sisters by Danielle Steel

Seawaters 01-06-2012 08:29 PM

Can you tell us a little more about the book???

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugar142286 (Post 414953)
I know a lot of us on here love to read, so I thought whenever someone reads a new book and even has read a book, you could suggest the book here,that way, we all could get keep getting new ideas for books to read! I thought this would be a wonderful thread to start!

I am currently reading: On Christmas Eve by Thomas Kinkade

Seawaters 01-06-2012 08:30 PM

I am reading Bonnie by Iris Johansen (on my Nook).

lauriebear 01-06-2012 09:03 PM

I just finished V is for Vengeance by Sue Grafton... I am trying to copy the overview, let's see if I can do it from my tablet.

This is the 22 book in the series but you do not need to read them all in order, it is a great series I love strong leading female characters and a hint of danger never hurts.

Overview A woman with a murky past who kills herself—or was it murder? A spoiled kid awash in gambling debt who thinks he can beat the system. A lovely woman whose life is about to splinter into a thousand fragments. A professional shoplifting ring working for the Mob, racking up millions from stolen goods. A wandering husband, rich and ruthless. A dirty cop so entrenched on the force he is immune to exposure. A sinister gangster, conscienceless and brutal. A lonely widower mourning the death of his lover, desperate for answers, which may be worse than the pain of his loss. A private detective, Kinsey Millhone, whose thirty-eighth-birthday gift is a punch in the face that leaves her with two black eyes and a busted nose. And an elegant and powerful businessman whose dealings are defnitely outside the law: the magus at the center of the web. V: Victim. Violence. Vengeance.

RadioJonD 01-06-2012 09:33 PM

I don't do a lot of reviewing or rating but books I read are posted at GoodReads.

If you wish to friend me there make sure you tell me who you are here.

lauriebear 01-06-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioJonD (Post 415026)
I don't do a lot of reviewing or rating but books I read are posted at GoodReads.

If you wish to friend me there make sure you tell me who you are here.

Is this a face book page, I am not on FB

Seawaters 01-06-2012 10:09 PM

LOVE these books!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauriebear (Post 415014)
I just finished V is for Vengeance by Sue Grafton... I am trying to copy the overview, let's see if I can do it from my tablet.

This is the 22 book in the series but you do not need to read them all in order, it is a great series I love strong leading female characters and a hint of danger never hurts.

Overview A woman with a murky past who kills herself—or was it murder? A spoiled kid awash in gambling debt who thinks he can beat the system. A lovely woman whose life is about to splinter into a thousand fragments. A professional shoplifting ring working for the Mob, racking up millions from stolen goods. A wandering husband, rich and ruthless. A dirty cop so entrenched on the force he is immune to exposure. A sinister gangster, conscienceless and brutal. A lonely widower mourning the death of his lover, desperate for answers, which may be worse than the pain of his loss. A private detective, Kinsey Millhone, whose thirty-eighth-birthday gift is a punch in the face that leaves her with two black eyes and a busted nose. And an elegant and powerful businessman whose dealings are defnitely outside the law: the magus at the center of the web. V: Victim. Violence. Vengeance.

sprinkleshouse 01-06-2012 11:12 PM

I know this probably sounds silly but I am re-reading all the Little House on the Prairie books for the 5,000th time! That, along with school reading (boooooring) and Kingdom Come: The Final Victory by LaHaye and Jenkins (the last of the Left Behind series) keeps my reading plate full...for now. There is never enough time to read all of the books I want to read!

Maureen 01-07-2012 03:55 AM

Nope - Goodreads is a separate site; quite a good one too!!!!!!!!

Goodreads

I'm there too if you want to friend me as well

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauriebear (Post 415041)
Is this a face book page, I am not on FB