Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Member of the Month (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   Announcement January 2012 Member of the Month (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35516)

Maureen 01-31-2012 04:26 PM

January 2012 Member of the Month

Here we are – 2012!!!!!!! With the New Year comes a new Member of the Month. When I say “new” I mean that in the “Having existed, or having been made, but a short time; having originated or occured lately; having recently come into existence” meaning of the word because our January member is certainly not new to the Forum. In fact, our MOM has been decking the halls with us since the Christmas bug hit her hard in 2008 and is known by everyone for her love of Christmas, rap music (well, somebody has to ;-) ), Janet and Michael Jackson and any kind of sport, not to mention the odd glass of Gluhwein. Are we there yet??!!!!!

She needs no introduction but I’ll do it anyway – Ladies and Gentlemen – our first Member of the Month for 2012 is none other than Tanja, aka Trackrebel.

Tanja lives with her boyfriend and daughter Kandice (the funniest and smartest almost 6 year old there is) in Worms, which is in the southwest of Germany, close to Frankfurt, Heidelberg and Mannheim. When it comes to Christmas, there isn’t one favourite part that is looked forward to – it’s the whole package - the cookies, the smell in the air, the mood, the music, the lights...everything. It’s a time full of love, togetherness and the sparkle in children´s eyes

Tanja and her family usually spend Christmas at her grandma´s place every year and this year was very special. I’ll let Tanja tell you why “It was my grandpa´s last Christmas....it seems like for him...it was his farewell...because he saw everyone....he had wanted to be home from the hospital so bad for Christmas....and he made it.....on Christmas eve he was strong....stronger than before and later.......he saw all his children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren and crying a lot...but joking, too......after Christmas he became sick again and weaker and weaker.....so I will always remember this Christmas fondly because it was his last”

Although Tanja lives in Germany, her Christmas celebration is just a variation on an original theme. For example, she believes in Santa (of course), has a star on top of her real Christmas tree but the slight difference is in the opening of their presents on Christmas Eve. If you'd like to know more about Christmas in Germany, check out The Merry Podcast No. 9

Tanja hit the nail on the head when I asked what MMC meant to her

“Whenever i feel itchy for Christmas or feel down....or whatever....I can come here and be cheered up somehow...I get information about my favorite holiday and I made friends...i just love mmc!!!”

We love you too, Trackrebel and I’ll call you later this week !!!

xmas365 01-31-2012 04:28 PM

Congrats Tanja!

made582 01-31-2012 04:28 PM

Congratulations Track!!!!!!!!!!!

One Spoiled Brat 01-31-2012 04:34 PM

CONGRATS....You always make us smile....God bless you and the family....

Seawaters 01-31-2012 05:40 PM

Congratulations, Track!!!

MerryCarey 01-31-2012 07:47 PM

Congratulations!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

lauriebear 01-31-2012 07:52 PM

Conngratulations TRACK,,
:-)

snowflake22 01-31-2012 08:20 PM

Congratulations, Track!! :thumbsup: :dance:

caninemom3 01-31-2012 08:20 PM

Congratulatios,my dear friend !! xo