Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Together (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Summer Vacation! (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37455)

Christmasstar 04-20-2012 09:48 AM

Summer Vacation!

Yes, it is nearing that time again. Wondering how many have special plans for the summer...
camp, road trip, long trips, short trips.
Maybe your plans could give some of us inspiration for a new place to visit.

we plan to camp some this summer and do some short road trips just in the area. With everyone working different shifts this is about the only thing that works for this summer.

xmas365 04-20-2012 10:06 AM

No vacations planned for us, I used up all my vacation time up with my foot injury. We bought Six Flags season passes for all of us instead, for quick things to do during the summer.

Bradmac 04-20-2012 10:10 AM

We're going to Universal Studios in Orlando for a few days after school gets out. They offer a 4 day, 4 night package that's hard to beat!

MerryCarey 04-20-2012 10:19 AM

We're hoping to visit Gloria Jean again---nothing beats taking one of your favorite movie stars out for lunch and ice cream!

We're also planning to attend the Sons of the Desert (Laurel & Hardy appreciation society) international convention in July, since it's in New England this year. Mr. will be hosting the trivia quiz. Hoping to catch up with a lot of old friends there.

Solice 04-20-2012 12:38 PM

Don't have any plans for this summer just yet.
But we have the opportunity to be spontaneous.

I take an early summer vacation to Cyprus (Greece) in about two weeks
Are looking forward to that =]

Christmas-A-Holic 04-20-2012 06:05 PM

Sounds like you all have some neat vacations planned!

Bradmac, be sure to ride the Spiderman ride at Universal Studios. May sound cheezy, but it's not, I thought it was the best ride out there! cheesy I know they have added a few more rides since I been there.

We are taking the Amtrak train to San Antonio and will visit SeaWorld while we are there. I am excited! We went there last year by train but stayed on the Riverwalk and went to the Alamo.

I highly recommend train travel! I have traveled all over the USA by train. If you ever plan to do so I also recommend getting a room on board for overnight travel. It also includes all your meals in the dining car.

irishsnow 04-21-2012 08:43 AM

I'm going to Germany for a week and will spend a day in Prague :???::???:

ballcoach 04-21-2012 10:19 AM

My summer vacation will be spent at home....relaxing....sitting on the deck...

We still have another year until my wife gets done with her PhD. But none the less...sometimes sitting at home and relaxing is what you need...

sugar142286 04-21-2012 11:55 AM

Great thread, Star!

DH, the kids, and I are going to Mytrle Beach, SC for a week, the first week of June. I never been there, so I am sooo excited! We usually go to OC, MD, so I can't wait.

We also plan on doing little trips, like camping, which is one of our favorite things to do as a family and we'll also take them to probably a theme park in our a few times and maybe go the Pittsburgh Zoo too. We've talked about several options fo small day trips, just haven't decided what all to do yet!

sugar142286 04-21-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ballcoach (Post 433839)
We still have another year until my wife gets done with her PhD. But none the less...sometimes sitting at home and relaxing is what you need...

I had no idea your wife was going back for her PhD. What an accomplishment! Congrats to her!