Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   I Cry the Day We Take the Tree Down (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37548)

Jeff Westover 04-23-2012 06:30 PM

I Cry the Day We Take the Tree Down

We finally did it today. We took down the Christmas tree.

It was, after all, 89 degrees outside. Kids are running around in shorts and the sprinklers are on for the first time this year.

Still, it is a bit sad for me. I feel like I've lost a friend.

But....come the day after Halloween....there is much to look forward to.

caninemom3 04-23-2012 08:37 PM

The day I take the tree down is one of the darkest days for me.....I cry for hours afterward and feel like there is something "missing"......:-o

DoubleA 04-24-2012 01:34 AM

Two cheers for keeping it up this long though, many people would love to be able to do that, me included.

xmas365 04-24-2012 07:28 AM

When my trees come down, it always feels like a family member leaves that you that you won't see for a long time.

Christmas-A-Holic 04-24-2012 07:57 AM

I am looking at the table top tree that I still have set up in our bedroom. I don't think I plan to take it down! =)

It is sad when the big tree comes down. =(

Bradmac 04-24-2012 09:31 AM

Not only is it tough to take the tree down, but when I see the tree chipper that the county sets up just for Christmas trees, it seems too sad.

I like to take my trees to the pond and sink them for fish habitat. If I can't enjoy the tree anymore, maybe that big bass I've been chasing can!

made582 04-24-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmas365 (Post 434402)
When my trees come down, it always feels like a family member leaves that you that you won't see for a long time.

That's the perfect way to put it.

YellowSnow 04-24-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradmac (Post 434445)
Not only is it tough to take the tree down, but when I see the tree chipper that the county sets up just for Christmas trees, it seems too sad.

I like to take my trees to the pond and sink them for fish habitat. If I can't enjoy the tree anymore, maybe that big bass I've been chasing can!

So you're the reason I keep getting snagged and losing all of my spinners..?..?..?:x

j/k
YS

xmastidings 04-24-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmas365 (Post 434402)

So true!!!

But remember, we are getting closer to the half way point when we can all put them back up again...

:celebrate:

Minta 04-24-2012 10:55 AM

It is sad when the tree and the rest of the christmas decoration comes down but the bright side is looking forward to putting them back up and joy you feel when everything is back up. Makes you appreciate them even more.