Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   anyone ever have a random dream of it being christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38498)

ilovesilentnight 05-26-2012 08:41 AM

anyone ever have a random dream of it being christmas

I did last night. I was in a neighborhood with snow and bright lights everywhere. I love christmas but i hadn't even been thinking about it yesterday. I guess my inner loving christmas self should be coming around to getting really excited again come july and it's almost here in a month. Christmas in july gets me excited for the holidays.

Christmasstar 05-26-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovesilentnight (Post 439757)
I did last night. I was in a neighborhood with snow and bright lights everywhere. I love christmas but i hadn't even been thinking about it yesterday. I guess my inner loving christmas self should be coming around to getting really excited again come july and it's almost here in a month. Christmas in july gets me excited for the holidays.

that is supposed to be an occasional thing!!??
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...YKxf3c4zHdDDfj

MerryCarey 05-26-2012 09:20 AM

A couple times a year I dream that Christmas is in a few days, but I'm not at all ready---the tree isn't up, the cards haven't gone out, the shopping isn't done, or the wrapping, or the mailing ... you get the picture. Christmas is around the corner and I haven't enjoyed any of the season. I take it as a sign to slow down and get organized in my life.

ilovesilentnight 05-26-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christmasstar (Post 439766)
that is supposed to be an occasional thing!!??
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...YKxf3c4zHdDDfj

Yup:yahoo:

LightningFlashJack 05-28-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerryCarey (Post 439768)
A couple times a year I dream that Christmas is in a few days, but I'm not at all ready---the tree isn't up, the cards haven't gone out, the shopping isn't done, or the wrapping, or the mailing ... you get the picture. Christmas is around the corner and I haven't enjoyed any of the season. I take it as a sign to slow down and get organized in my life.

I have a similar dream except it's usually Christmas Eve and it's a couple of minutes before midnight. I realize I haven't done any shopping and I feel so horrible that no one will be getting anything from me. So I start to think: what can I make as gifts? Kind of like a grown up arts and crafts brainstorming session. I usually wake up before I figure that part out.

Sunshine73 05-28-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerryCarey (Post 439768)

Oh my goodness! I have very similar dreams a few times a year. It's always Christmas Eve and I have no gifts, no money, no preparation and I've somehow missed the entire season. It's very nearly a nightmare in my mind!

Michael Rielly 05-28-2012 05:36 PM

At least once a week! HA!

Christmas-A-Holic 06-20-2012 08:16 AM

I saw this thread and couldn't recall of any Christmas dreams I ever had but I'm sure I have had them, just don't remember them.

Well... Last night I had one! I went into this little neighborhood and they were out stringing lights on their trees and bushes and setting out lawn ornaments. They were doing this all right now in June and getting ready for Christmas. In the dream I was getting excited to see it all but they informed me that it will not be lit up until closer to Christmas. They just had so much to put out that they get started now. :yahoo:

I do know of some that start as early as September or October but never in June. That must be SOME display!!!

Christmas-A-Holic 06-22-2012 08:56 AM

I had another dream about Christmas last night! I guess I have more of them than I realize.

I was outside, in June, putting light ups and the neighbors were annoyed. In real life, it couldn't have been my next door neighbor because I know she wouldn't mind them but maybe the rest of the block would! Anyway, I just had some really cool decorations and the house looked beautiful! That was about all of my dream.

made582 06-22-2012 11:19 AM

I had a great dream last night. I went to walmart looking for laundry detergent and found that they had cleaned out all of the garden stuff and put out all of the christmas decorations in June!!!! They had the trees all set up and decorated. They even had christmas music playing through out the store. It was perfect. I went and checked it out this morning though and my dream didn't come true.