Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   My Christmas Shopping... (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38759)

Sunshine73 06-04-2012 10:55 AM

My Christmas Shopping...

...is almost in the bag!!

I cannot believe how many awesome deals I've found over the past few months. We found toys on clearance with an additional 50% off at K-Mart a couple of months ago that allowed us to buy:

A $30.00 American Girl "type" doll for $2
A $29.00 ride/walker toy for $5
A $40.00 set of Tinker Toys for $11
A $25.00 special edition princess Barbie for $7

We also found an officially Licensed, never opened Chicago Bears watch at the local resale shop for my Brother-in-law. Price brand new? $45.00 - we paid less than $10!

I paid $5.00 each for the first two seasons of Roseanne - one of my sister's favorite shows!

We got a $45 hair styler for my niece on clearance for $9

We paid $5 for fleece throws that were going for $25 LAST Christmas (we picked one up for my sister-in-law, my mother and my mother-in-law).

And just this last weekend we found a Toy Story 3 Operation game that 'was' going for $29 when I saw it at Barnes and Noble a while back. I snagged it for $9 on clearance at my local Wal-Mart.

These deals were just too good to pass up so we snapped them up and put them aside for Christmas gifts. My original list of 19 people (excluding the hubs) is now whittled down to just 8 more people!!!

People think I'm nuts Christmas shopping so early but with Christmas almost always on the brain I've always got my eye out for a 'perfect' gift and when we can find that gift for less than 1/2 the regular price why not? It makes the budget much easier to manage come December!

Am I the only one who does this? My shelves are starting to look like Santa's toy factory but this allows us to buy much 'nicer' gifts than we would ordinarily be able to afford and I figured that, even if the general world rolls their eyes and says "ugh, Christmas! I can't believe you're already shopping for Christmas!" My friends here at MMC would understand my excitement!

Bradmac 06-04-2012 11:16 AM

Do you give lessons on how to bargain shop? I'd like to send my wife.

:lol:

Christmasstar 06-04-2012 01:13 PM

wow, impressive. I do this too but do not have nearly as much as you do.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wqKpMjumKV...20qjcl_400.jpg

Lacim84 06-04-2012 02:13 PM

I pick up things here and there when I find a good deal. But I usually wait and buy my son and husband's gifts later in the because their both big snoops!

Sunshine73 06-04-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacim84 (Post 441244)
I pick up things here and there when I find a good deal. But I usually wait and buy my son and husband's gifts later in the because their both big snoops!

Notice I put "with the exception of my hubs". He's the world's BIGGEST Christmas snooper! Anything I get for him has to be ordered near Christmas, delivered directly to my office and cannot be brought home until Christmas Eve. :merry:

TwinkleLights25 06-04-2012 10:24 PM

Good work ! If you find something and want to go ahead and buy it, go for it! I've got a few things set aside so far (2 of them still need to be painted)

Lacim84 06-05-2012 08:33 PM

I told my hubby that it just takes all the fun out of giving a gift on Christmas morning if he already knows what it is. There's no element of surprise!

Men! haha!

Bullypup 06-05-2012 10:30 PM

I totally agree. And I'm a man haha!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacim84 (Post 441492)
I told my hubby that it just takes all the fun out of giving a gift on Christmas morning if he already knows what it is. There's no element of surprise!

Men! haha!

Sunshine73 06-06-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacim84 (Post 441492)

Men! haha!

EXACTLY!!! My husband thinks it's more fun to snoop, shake and guess his way through Christmas but for me both the giving and receiving is MUCH more fun if it's a surprise. :busy:

merrymistletoe 06-06-2012 02:31 PM

wow you guys are good! i can never keep up w/ who's into what from year to year. the only little kids i buy for have ever changing interests & heaven forbid i get them something for their exact age.... they think it's "baby toys" by the time Christmas comes around.

my kids are older & their taste in clothing changes w/ the "trends" so what i may get now might be totally out by then. see my reservations on shopping now? jeese, you'd think these peeps were picky wouldn't ya'? lol!