Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Home & Family (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   First Birthday (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39235)

christmas_nut_k_1209 06-20-2012 04:23 AM

First Birthday

Hello to all!
I know most of you are probably already starting to plan for this years season :) I am hoping to find help here - this past Christmas was one of the most emotional seasons I've ever had, my Dad passed on 12/13, my husband came home from Iraq on 12/22, and on 12/25 I gave birth to our son :) So here is my dilemma,
Logan is our first child, and his birthday is on Christmas day, I am at a loss of what to do for his first birthday (or really any birthday from here on out now) I dont want his birthday to be about Christmas unless he wants it to when he gets older (who knows he might turn out to be a Christmas nut like myself) Do any of you know someone with a Christmas birthday or have any suggestions? Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Christmasstar 06-20-2012 06:45 AM

you could do the usual Christmas stuff in the morning and then for lunch do a birthday party with all the trimmings.
Later when he is older you could suggest a 1/2 year birthday celebration party to which he could invite all his friends. Then continue the tradition of birthday cake and a gift for lunch on his actual birthday.

George Broderick, Jr. 06-20-2012 07:41 AM

1) Take him to church so he can meet someone else who was born on Christmas...

2) Do your Christmas stuff on the 24th and your birthday stuff on the 25th...

3) NEVER let friends or relatives try to "double up" on his gifts and "let it count for his birthday AND Christmas"...

whitney37354 06-20-2012 12:07 PM

We were married on December 18, and though I love Christmas, I didn't want a "Christmas Wedding". The only hints of Christmas were the church decor & the red roses in the bouquets.

Have his party the weekend before or after his birthday. Make it themed toward his interests as he gets older, not using Christmas related things. Give him his own day of celebration.

I had a former co-worker whose birthday is December 24. Her parents made sure Christmas Eve was all about her birthday & December 25 was all about Christmas.

Bradmac 06-20-2012 01:05 PM

I wasn't born too close to any holidays, but my little brother and I are only a couple days (and 6 years) apart. When I was a kid, after he was born, I always had to share my birthday party.

And our daughter was born on our anniversary, so we don't really get to celebrate that anymore, but that's ok. She was a great anniversary present.

I don't have any suggestions, but I wanted to say how sorry I am for the loss of your Dad, congratulations on your son's birth (on Christmas Day!), and a sincere thanks to your husband for his service.

Lacim84 06-21-2012 08:37 AM

I would celebrate the weekend before or maybe the day after on the 26th. That way family & friends can attend and it not interfere with anyone's Christmas plans. I have a couple of cousins that were born on Dec 24th and 25th and that's what they always did.

Congrats on your first little one! I just had my second three months ago, she's an angel! I'm sure your son will love whatever you plan to do! Have fun with it!

merrymistletoe 06-25-2012 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christmas_nut_k_1209 (Post 443696)
Hello to all!
I know most of you are probably already starting to plan for this years season :) I am hoping to find help here - this past Christmas was one of the most emotional seasons I've ever had, my Dad passed on 12/13, my husband came home from Iraq on 12/22, and on 12/25 I gave birth to our son :) So here is my dilemma,
Logan is our first child, and his birthday is on Christmas day, I am at a loss of what to do for his first birthday (or really any birthday from here on out now) I dont want his birthday to be about Christmas unless he wants it to when he gets older (who knows he might turn out to be a Christmas nut like myself) Do any of you know someone with a Christmas birthday or have any suggestions? Any input will be greatly appreciated!

i have a very good friend whose son was born on Christmas Eve. they decided to have him a b-day party before or after Christmas so it would not get pushed together w/ Christmas. he is now 20 yrs. old but as he got older, his rents decided to let him choose whether to have it around Christmas or have a 1/2 way mark b-day in the summer. since lots of peeps already have so many events to attend around Christmas, it was easier for everyone to have it in the summer. not to mention how much he liked it. i'm sure whatever you decide, his birthday will be special.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradmac (Post 443784)
I wasn't born too close to any holidays, but my little brother and I are only a couple days (and 6 years) apart. When I was a kid, after he was born, I always had to share my birthday party.

And our daughter was born on our anniversary, so we don't really get to celebrate that anymore, but that's ok. She was a great anniversary present.

I don't have any suggestions, but I wanted to say how sorry I am for the loss of your Dad, congratulations on your son's birth (on Christmas Day!), and a sincere thanks to your husband for his service.

beautifully said bradmac & George!