Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Decorations (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   first christmas in july..any ideas?? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39614)

christmas87 07-01-2012 06:46 PM

first christmas in july..any ideas??

my wife and i are doing our first christmas in july this year.just some decorations,light etc.. christmas derrests.wondering ig anyone else has done it before and any ideas of what/how else to do it.

Christmasstar 07-01-2012 07:07 PM

-big Christmas dinner on the 25th!
-give an anonymous Christmas wrapped gift to someone
-give fixings for a Christmas feast to a single mom
-hand out Christmas cards to everyone in the neighbourhood complete with a box of Christmas cookies

ballcoach 07-01-2012 09:40 PM

We watch a couple of movies and make a couple of Christmas dishes...fun fun!

MerryCarey 07-02-2012 07:40 AM

We're going to have our first celebration this year, just the two of us. We're thinking a turkey dinner with treats and desserts that we usually have only at Christmastime, plus some movies and music.

made582 07-02-2012 08:03 AM

I celebrate by watching Christmas movies, watching qvc's Christmas in July, and making a small turkey dinner. I usually don't decorate but I may put out a few things this year.

christmas87 07-02-2012 08:55 AM

yea its just gonna be my wife my son and i.thought it would be fun...i was thinking that maybe putting up lights was a bit much but then again everyone is different.if we wanted to put some lights up there would be nothing wrong with that.we are gonna do it for a weekend.fri sat sun.do some planning on christas this year first night.second night do some derrests and third prob make alittle dinner and most importantly of course have christmas music playing.thats the best part about it to me.this will be our first christmas in our own place so we are waiting to do it big for whe christmas comes aroud.

trackrebel 07-02-2012 11:42 AM

how about a christmas dinner and some christmas movies?....that is what i would do

christmas87 07-03-2012 10:06 AM

also was wondering if anybody knows if the chrstmas tree shoppe carries any christmas decorations even tho its july?? my wife said they would since its name is christmas tree shoppe but idk if they would or not around this time.

MerryCarey 07-03-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christmas87 (Post 445661)
also was wondering if anybody knows if the chrstmas tree shoppe carries any christmas decorations even tho its july?? my wife said they would since its name is christmas tree shoppe but idk if they would or not around this time.

We have a Christmas Tree Shop in our neighborhood (Massachusetts)---they usually carry stuff appropriate to the current season, so they have mostly Americana and summer stuff on the shelves right now. They may have a few Christmas items tucked away in the corners, but they're not really about Christmas items all year round.

christmas87 07-03-2012 01:06 PM

yea thats wut i said.