Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Decorations (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Traditional or Modern??? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40733)

jinglebellrock512 08-01-2012 07:46 AM

Traditional or Modern???

Hi MMM!

This will be Chris (my husband) and I's first Christmas being married! Of course I'm already picking out things on Etsy to buy and thinking about how I want our Christmas tree to look! I was wondering how everyone decorates their house for the holidays? Is it more traditional with deep reds and greens or more modern with all different colors added in? I love the traditional look but some things i have seen on the internet are just so darn cute! Let me know! :)

Lacim84 08-01-2012 09:01 AM

I lean towards the traditional colors with the exception of our tree. It's usually very colorful. And I'd say my decor is whimsical & eclectic.

xmastidings 08-01-2012 09:39 AM

I am very traditional/ old fashioned and my wife likes more of the modern look so, we sort of mix it up with a little (strike that) a lot of :wiggy:both looks..... In the end, It's always your own personal touch which makes it feel and looks the best....

MonsterMasher 08-01-2012 11:19 AM

I've always liked the traditional tidings for my tree like garland, the glass balls, multicolored lights (I've never tried the bigger ones like A Christmas Story though) And just other simple ornaments. Outside decor, I kinda like the more modern things. I'm yet to try an inflatable but I like a lot of lights and led lights, some of the bigger outside decor has been a favorite too.

MerryCarey 08-01-2012 11:24 AM

Simple and traditional in our house!

There are more views on traditional vs. modern Christmas trees, in particular, in this thread.

Christmasstar 08-01-2012 12:08 PM

First, congratulations on your first Christmas together!!!
:razz:

We decorated with both. But my girls moved out and left with many of my decorations, so I am starting new again! I have about 700 clear lights I am going to weave all over my tree, but have not yet decided on a theme for it.
I am leaning more to the traditional this year, something totally different from when the kids were home.

joyful 08-28-2012 12:30 PM

Every year I do my main tree in different colors. I have had an all white tree, gold/silver/, red/white and many combinations. It's easy to do different colors each year all you need are white decorations and the color of ribbon you choose. I do more than one tree so I have the other trees in blue/white or red/gold, etc. I use the ribbon to hang the ornaments so that gives me my other color too. This year I'm doing a red/gold tree. LOL well that's my plan now but always subject to change.

novelist 09-12-2012 10:14 AM

:tree:Our decorations are traditional. WE have a prelit tree with colored lights. Our other decorations are a combination, we have some that look old fashioned, and others more modern. if we like it, we buy it, whether or not it looks old fashioned.

dreamingofawhiteChristmas 09-19-2012 10:19 PM

I love the traditional colors myself but my mother in law does hers in blue/white.White tree with blue lights and blue decorations which I always enoyed as well.

ClaireLovesChristmas 09-20-2012 02:52 AM

Id say my decor is more modern, my mum is really traditional with red/golds and greens etc.. its looks beautiful when all decorated!

Congrats on your first christmas as Mr & Mrs!! xx