Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Together (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Whats your christmas decoration budget for 2012? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41039)

jayden28 08-08-2012 07:10 AM

Whats your christmas decoration budget for 2012?

I always tell the missus every year that i dont need any more decorations after christmas is over but i love to buy decorations so this year is no different:smile:,im setting aside 250($380) for this year,most of that will be spent on santa and snowman decorations(standing up & shelf ones),i just felt that the living rooms can be more fuller this year with the extra santas and snowmen to give a more warmer feel and my oldest son jayden(7yrs) complained that his bedroom wasnt decorated enough last year so that will have to be sorted too:-D,so i cant wait to start buying come october time,so what are other mmc members spending this year or have some people got more than enough?.

George Broderick, Jr. 08-08-2012 07:25 AM

Still trying to figure out my budget... I was absent the day teacher talked about negative numbers in Math class... :-(

whitney37354 08-08-2012 08:00 AM

I don't plan to spend anything on Christmas decor this year. We barely have room to store the totes of stuff we have now.

Meceka 08-08-2012 11:47 AM

New decorations are not in my budget this year ~ I will check out the Mission store when they put out their Christmas items, though. I snagged some good stuff last year cheesy

xmastidings 08-08-2012 06:35 PM

I know every year, that going into the Christmas season means that new/ different decorations will be coming out and I know I'll buy something. I have my eye on a couple of new outdoor blowmolds that will be coming out and I want to get a German Christmas Pyramid (like in Christmas vacation). Typically, I would say between 100.00 - 250.00 dollars is average.

But, like for me this year we will be spending just a bit more, we have to get a new Christmas Tree this year (last years tree is falling apart - it's about 12 years old and fake needles get all over the carpet) in addition to anything else we want.

ClaireLovesChristmas 08-09-2012 03:01 AM

I don't set a budget, In my mind I don't really need any more decorations but I know for a fact that once the decs hit the shops I'll probably pick up afew bits ha xx:celebrate:

Solice 08-09-2012 03:10 AM

Dont have any budget... =]

shellie12 08-09-2012 03:56 AM

i dont have a budget as such i just buy somethings i like
Guess i do spent to much but i dont go on hoildays so i put extra into christmas. as that is my holiday. and what better holiday can u have than to have christmas all round you at your own home with ppl that u no
i always buy new stuff to add to my outdoor decor and this year am buying a wooden 6 x 8 playhouse made to look like a grotto. so that gonna cost in the region of 500 after that its what i can find nice

jayden28 08-09-2012 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClaireLovesChristmas (Post 454720)
I don't set a budget, In my mind I don't really need any more decorations but I know for a fact that once the decs hit the shops I'll probably pick up afew bits ha xx:celebrate:

Yea I'm the same its hard not to pick up a few things when you see them in the shops.

jayden28 08-09-2012 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellie12 (Post 454725)
i dont have a budget as such i just buy somethings i like
Guess i do spent to much but i dont go on hoildays so i put extra into christmas. as that is my holiday. and what better holiday can u have than to have christmas all round you at your own home with ppl that u no
i always buy new stuff to add to my outdoor decor and this year am buying a wooden 6 x 8 playhouse made to look like a grotto. so that gonna cost in the region of 500 after that its what i can find nice

Outdoor decorations can look very nice,it's probably a step too much for me thou as a lot of time is needed and preparation so that's why I do alittle extra inside.