Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Shopping (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Has anybody started there Christmas shopping yet? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42709)

Leighlansmummyx 09-14-2012 07:12 AM

Has anybody started there Christmas shopping yet?

Has anybody started there Christmas shopping yet? We havent started yet because we go on holiday to the Balearic Islands (Majorca) on the 20th until the 27th so will be started when we come back! I cant wait to start my shopping! I work for Asda which is owned by Walmart in the UK & it gets me all excited when you see people getting ready for Christmas, i also love shopping when its cold or snowing & everybody is wrapped up warm & people are going mad rushing to get there shopping done :) i love the atmosphere on the high street of the mad rush! ... x

MerryCarey 09-14-2012 07:46 AM

Yes ... I've started squirreling away some gifts for my husband, and I'm working on my shopping list for the year. We're early birds---we usually have our shopping done by Thanksgiving so we can do a lot of wrapping and packaging over the long weekend and ship things out early in December. It's a process I dubbed "the Christmas Bomb" because the living room is scattered with gifts and trimmed-off ends of gift wrap and tags and whatnot, as though a bomb went off.

We also put together an annual DVD of Christmas-related video clips that is our gift to many of our friends. I started on that in August, and I'll probably be plugging away at it into October. We try to finish them up by Thanksgiving, too, so we can get them in the mail early.

sugar142286 09-14-2012 08:15 AM

I've been looking for some things, especially for the kids, but haven't actually bought anything yet. I probably will in the nexxt couple of weeks. I am getting excited as well!

Lacim84 09-14-2012 08:50 AM

I think I'm going to do the Walmart layaway for my kid's toys this year, they added an extra month, it starts Sep. 16th. I've been browsing the stores and getting a mental list together but I haven't bought anything yet.

Festive Spirit 09-14-2012 09:27 AM

I have two presents stashed away for my hubby. One he bought himself a few weeks ago LOL and told me to keep it for him till christmas and the second was something I just stumbled upon and got.

I usually start mid to end of november. I quite enjoy a bit of the rush but not too last minute if you know what I mean. I shop for gifts online but love shopping in the big shops while christmas music booms out and the hustle and bustle of fellow shoppers. I live in the UK and there is usually a German Christmas market in the city. So I love popping in there for a warm drink and snack while I'm out.

Oh and I love Asda at Christmas lol They do lovely food stuff at christmas time!!

Festive Spirit

MerryCarey 09-14-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Festive Spirit (Post 463469)
I have two presents stashed away for my hubby. One he bought himself a few weeks ago LOL and told me to keep it for him till christmas.

Festive Spirit

My Mr. does this too! I don't mind, 'cause it saves me figuring out what to get him! cheesy

Billy Battles 09-14-2012 01:10 PM

I started a few weeks ago and I have been going crazy I have almost finished. The bad news for me and the good news for everyone else is if I finish early I probably end up shopping more. Thats just how I am.

trackrebel 09-14-2012 01:23 PM

im not really sure....I got somethings from Partylite....and think of giving them away on Christmas......I might just keep em myself, too....havent decided yet....I will probably do some christmas shoppin in disneyland

Leighlansmummyx 09-14-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Festive Spirit (Post 463469)
I have two presents stashed away for my hubby. One he bought himself a few weeks ago LOL and told me to keep it for him till christmas and the second was something I just stumbled upon and got.

I usually start mid to end of november. I quite enjoy a bit of the rush but not too last minute if you know what I mean. I shop for gifts online but love shopping in the big shops while christmas music booms out and the hustle and bustle of fellow shoppers. I live in the UK and there is usually a German Christmas market in the city. So I love popping in there for a warm drink and snack while I'm out.

Oh and I love Asda at Christmas lol They do lovely food stuff at christmas time!!

Festive Spirit

where abouts in the UK are you? im in the west midlands & i work for Asda lol :) ... x

ballcoach 09-15-2012 12:57 AM

As a matter of fact, I have. I bought my wife a gift and one for a friend. That's it.