Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   TV (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Christmas Commercials 2012 (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43152)

KWasser 09-25-2012 01:18 PM

Christmas Commercials 2012

It's that time again! (or I hope it will be soon)...

Has anyone seen any Christmas commercials on TV so far this year? Stop by here and report it! Include a link if the commercial's available online.

Commercials for products, commercials for Christmas shows, anything will do! I haven't seen any commercials yet...but I suspect it won't be long now! :grin:

ballcoach 09-25-2012 07:53 PM

None this way....kinda upset about that...we haven't even seen any Halloween commercials...

brent 09-25-2012 08:39 PM

I've seen some Halloween and Fall commercials. Very few with Winter themes yet. Maybe one or two. There are usually a few layaway commercials that come about around this time, but I don't count those either. I don't quite recall, but I believe the first Christmas commercial I witnessed last year was around the 20th of October. It seemed real late.

I'm excited for it to possibly be earlier this year!

Festive Spirit 09-26-2012 03:32 AM

I Love this Thread! So far I have only seen the Parks lay away commercial but I don't really count that. We actually get really excited in our house when we see the first christmas advert of the season.

We also look out for the Coke commercial every year. You know the one with the big truck playing ''the holidays are coming...'' It's become one of our traditional signs!

Can't wait to post my first sighting on here!!!

KWasser 09-26-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Festive Spirit (Post 466693)
I Love this Thread! So far I have only seen the Parks lay away commercial but I don't really count that. We actually get really excited in our house when we see the first christmas advert of the season.

We also look out for the Coke commercial every year. You know the one with the big truck playing ''the holidays are coming...'' It's become one of our traditional signs!

Can't wait to post my first sighting on here!!!

Not sure they still play the "holidays are coming" Coca-Cola commercial. As I commented in another thread a couple months back, I'm not even sure they still play the "M&M's Meet Santa Claus" commercial. I didn't see it last year at all.

I'm actually kind of wondering what will be the next "classic" commercial (a commercial that will repeat every Christmas for a few years).

Oh, and you guys talking about layaway: That jogged my memory - I HAVE seen a Walmart layaway commercial. That's about it though.

Festive Spirit 09-26-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWasser (Post 466781)
Not sure they still play the "holidays are coming" Coca-Cola commercial. As I commented in another thread a couple months back, I'm not even sure they still play the "M&M's Meet Santa Claus" commercial. I didn't see it last year at all.

I'm actually kind of wondering what will be the next "classic" commercial (a commercial that will repeat every Christmas for a few years).

Oh, and you guys talking about layaway: That jogged my memory - I HAVE seen a Walmart layaway commercial. That's about it though.

That's a shame they don't have the coke advert over on your side. It was on last year here in England. Also a real coke truck just like the one in the advert goes round all over the country playing ''the holidays are coming...''

Another big one I look out for is the Boots commercial ( a big Pharmacy chain here in the uk). A couple weeks ago I noticed they have done their Autumn ad . I got excited casue I know the next one will be Christmas !!!!

:???:

Festive Spirit 09-27-2012 10:07 AM

ok so today I saw an advert for Harper's Bazaar. It wasn't full blown christmas but they mentioned Christmas stocking fillers and gifts!!

'Tis the season 09-27-2012 11:36 AM

The Boots commercials are usually good. Also looking forward to M&S (clothes), Sainsburys (food) and my personal favourite ad, Guinness (although I don't like the drink LOL ).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Festive Spirit (Post 466793)
That's a shame they don't have the coke advert over on your side. It was on last year here in England. Also a real coke truck just like the one in the advert goes round all over the country playing ''the holidays are coming...''

Another big one I look out for is the Boots commercial ( a big Pharmacy chain here in the uk). A couple weeks ago I noticed they have done their Autumn ad . I got excited casue I know the next one will be Christmas !!!!

:???:

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Holiday 09-27-2012 12:11 PM

*Usually* the 1st one I see every year is the advertisement for Christmas in Branson (Missouri) playing "It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The year" Can't wait to see it!! And I really hope they play that song again this year after the passing of Andy Williams!

Courtney 09-27-2012 04:02 PM

Pillsbury Crescent Rolls has been playing for about a month now.
It the first few seconds of this... [0:04 - 0:06 & 0:20 - 0:22]