Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thanksgiving (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   what you watch on thanksgiving? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43154)

christmas87 09-25-2012 02:44 PM

what you watch on thanksgiving?

What does everyone watch on thanksgiving and though out the day? i normally watch the thanksgiving day parade in the morning then when i cook i put on the sounds of the season music choice channel and listen to christmas music then around the time we eat into the night we watch a couple of christmas movies.i always have to watch home alone or a christmas story.grew up on watching either one on thanksgiving.

xmastidings 09-25-2012 02:59 PM

We sort of do some of the same, we watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and then by tradition we watch Miracle on 34th street (1947). It's a movie that has Thanksgiving Day celebration, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and most of all, Santa officially arrives...

later that night, (usually having sandwichs then or a second helping of pie), we will watch either Home Alone, Elf or something like that....

xmas365 09-25-2012 07:42 PM

I cannot miss the Macy's Parade, I think I get more excited than the boys when we finally see Santa.
Football is always on, not by our choice. We try to watch one short Christmas cartoon before bed.

ballcoach 09-25-2012 07:50 PM

Morning...the parade....

Mid-Day....football.....

Late afternoon....anything Christmas related....

XmasDreams 09-26-2012 07:51 AM

First thing would be good morning American just have in the background untill they start talking about the balloon being setup for the parade. Typically it starts at the warehousevuntl night before and you seem them make the drive ny.

2nd would've Macys day parade and usual will record the McDonald's parade from Chicago.

3rd on WEN a new tradition for me in the last 5 years. They replay a special documentary on Boo, Garfield goose and Fraser. They even show the old shorts the three elves snow fairy and frosty snow man.

Last all Christmas cartoons and movies

katwkittens 09-26-2012 09:20 AM

Put the turkey in, Macy's parade, Dog Show, Football, and then Christmas movies while we eat and then decorate.

Kat

Holiday 09-26-2012 09:48 AM

I almost forgot about the dog show!!!

Today Show, Good Morning America (or something similar to these) is on tv, though I ususally turn it on then leave for the Turkey Trott
Macy's Parade
Dog Show
Miracle On 34th Street - 2:00 ET on NBC
Football
Football
Football (because we are together with family & the guys win!) :grin:

:family:

Holiday 09-26-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christmas87 (Post 466619)
What does everyone watch on thanksgiving and though out the day? i normally watch the thanksgiving day parade in the morning then when i cook i put on the sounds of the season music choice channel and listen to christmas music then around the time we eat into the night we watch a couple of christmas movies.i always have to watch home alone or a christmas story.grew up on watching either one on thanksgiving.

Great question by the way!! :grin:

whitney37354 09-26-2012 09:57 AM

The Today Show: gettinready to go to DH's parent's house for breakfast

Macy's Parade: after breakfast

Dog show: just because it's on after the parade

Football: on at my parent's house after dinner

I have been able to watch Miracle on 34th Street a couple of years between our family visits in the afternoon.

frostyman 09-26-2012 09:59 AM

I've always tuned in to see some of the parades if I can.