Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Home & Family (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   It's that time of year again... (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43417)

xmasbug 10-03-2012 09:55 AM

It's that time of year again...

Hi everyone,

As the weather gets cooler and the leaves start turning, I am reminded that it's time to go back to my favourite Christmas forum... so her I am!!!

This year, I am really looking forward to Christmas this year. I think think I was a bit cheated from enjoying Christmas last year being diagnosed with breast cancer on December 20th. Since them I have been gone through surgery, chemotherapry and radiation therapy, and I am proud and happy to say that I have won and I am now on the road to recovery.

I am hosting my husband's family this Christmas Eve and I want it to be a lot of fun. I am starting my prep now (mostly because my energy level is still pretty low).

I will be once again, perusing the forum for great ideas and planning help.

jayden28 10-03-2012 10:12 AM

Im happy for you that youve won the battle and this is the time to start preparing for christmas,i like the build up to christmas more than the day itself,its gonna be busy couple of months.

joyful 10-03-2012 10:48 AM

Welcome back. Glad to have you here. What a joyful celebration you will have this year. Enjoy!

MerryCarey 10-03-2012 11:27 AM

Congratulations on beating the "beast"! Your Christmas this year will be merrier than ever! (Lymphoma survivor here.)

xmastidings 10-03-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmasbug (Post 468496)
This year, I am really looking forward to Christmas this year. I think think I was a bit cheated from enjoying Christmas last year being diagnosed with breast cancer on December 20th. Since them I have been gone through surgery, chemotherapry and radiation therapy, and I am proud and happy to say that I have won and I am now on the road to recovery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerryCarey (Post 468550)
Congratulations on beating the "beast"! Your Christmas this year will be merrier than ever! (Lymphoma survivor here.)

Congratulations to the both of you, stay strong and positive!......

Christmas-A-Holic 10-03-2012 12:05 PM

Very happy you won the battle! Welcome back and I hope you have the best Christmas ever!!! Looking forward to seeing you post often!

lauriebear 10-03-2012 12:13 PM

So happy to read you won your battle, as well as you MC!!!

novelist 10-03-2012 12:29 PM

:-xCongratulations on beating cancer. I'm a cancer survivor too, I was diagnosed with bladder cancer in 1995, and after having surgeries, and treatments, I'm glad to say i beat cancer too. In fact, I just went to my urologist on Tuesday, and was given a clean bill of health.

I love preparing for the holidays too. I love to take my time, not having to rush through anything. I think I have more fun that way! Merry Christmas!

Lacim84 10-03-2012 12:32 PM

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas this year, you deserve it!

Christmasstar 10-03-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmasbug (Post 468496)
Hi everyone,

As the weather gets cooler and the leaves start turning, I am reminded that it's time to go back to my favourite Christmas forum... so her I am!!!

I am hosting my husband's family this Christmas Eve and I want it to be a lot of fun. I am starting my prep now (mostly because my energy level is still pretty low).

I will be once again, perusing the forum for great ideas and planning help.

that is such good news! walked beside my dear friend when she went through the battle and I know it is not easy.
Have a fantastic Christmas!