Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Anyone else cheating and skipping ahead to Christmas? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44188)

sublimesting 10-22-2012 10:36 AM

Anyone else cheating and skipping ahead to Christmas?

Each year I kind of start sneaking in the start of my festivities a little earlier. I've begun listening to Christmas carols and I think will start watching specials after Halloween, beginning with my 2 transitional movies: Gremlins and The Nightmare Before Christmas. It really dawned on me this year that Chistmas gets kind of shafted being so close to Thanksgiving, we only get 3-4 weeks of merriment before it's over.

MerryCarey 10-22-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sublimesting (Post 473666)
Each year I kind of start sneaking in the start of my festivities a little earlier. I've begun listening to Christmas carols and I think will start watching specials after Halloween, beginning with my 2 transitional movies: Gremlins and The Nightmare Before Christmas. It really dawned on me this year that Chistmas gets kind of shafted being so close to Thanksgiving, we only get 3-4 weeks of merriment before it's over.

I've been "cheating" with music on my commute for quite a while now, and with some Christmas movies and programs during Christmas in July. After Halloween, the entire Christmas library will be "open"---music, movies, and books.

Christmas-A-Holic 10-22-2012 11:21 AM

I kinda sneak in the start of my festivities December 26th! :wink:

frostyman 10-22-2012 12:14 PM

Yes! I just can't help myself! I have a Christmas cd in my truck that I listen to now when I'm driving. It helps me to relax a bit. :treeguy:

ScottCalvin 10-22-2012 12:19 PM

I must cheat all year, as I always have at least a dozen songs on my media player all year, and watch at least one Christmas film a month all year round.

lmm8606 10-22-2012 12:22 PM

Oh yes! I've been playing my Christmas playlist on my phone when in the car for the last few weeks. I plan to start watching my Christmas movies this weekend!

novelist 10-22-2012 02:53 PM

:snowball:I've watched a few Christmas movies, and have been listening to Christmas music.

GingerMel 10-22-2012 02:58 PM

I haven't done too much cheating yet. I watched a truly horrible Christmas movie called Surviving Christmas and I play some Andy Williams here or there.

I'm waiting until November 1st to go all out.

Lacim84 10-22-2012 04:27 PM

I listen to music and watch Christmas movies all year long. My decor will go up the first week if November. I kinda wrap thanksgiving & Christmas all together. So, it's a full 8 weeks of enjoyment!

Holiday 10-22-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacim84 (Post 473760)
I listen to music and watch Christmas movies all year long. My decor will go up the first week if November. I kinda wrap thanksgiving & Christmas all together. So, it's a full 8 weeks of enjoyment!

Me too!!! Some people tell me that is not giving Thanksgiving it's proper respect, but I LOVE Thanksgiving. I call the whole season "The Holidays" - the entire 8 weeks (or more) are about family, friends, togetherness, & being thankful! So I might have my tree up before Thanksgiving....who does that hurt??? NOBODY! It just adds to the merriment in my mind!!! :D

:razz: