Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Defend Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Defend Christmas Canadian Drug Store Stops Christmas Music Due to Complaints (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45118)

ElfBot 11-05-2012 02:11 AM

Canadian Drug Store Stops Christmas Music Due to Complaints

Shoppers Drug Mart in Vancouver, BC, started playing Christmas music late last week — just as the calendar turned over to November 1st. Within a few hours the company reports that customers complained and that due to those complaints they killed off the Christmas music. That’s right. November 2, 2012 the Christmas music died at [...]

More from Defend Christmas...

Bradmac 11-05-2012 08:00 AM

Lots of humbugs in Vancouver. :?

XmasDreams 11-05-2012 09:12 AM

Course if it was me I would than keeping it past Christmas. Why would they complain its not like they will be setting in store for hours. Drug stores your in and out fast.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

GingerMel 11-05-2012 09:33 AM

That is pretty crummy.

RadioJonD 11-05-2012 09:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The whiners better stay out of the McDonald's in Tuscumbia, Alabama then!

My morning coffee was handed out the drive through window in a red cup with a Christmas present tag design that reads "unwrap a little joy". In another place are the words "unwrap, unwind, enjoy!"

Of course the obligatory warning "Caution, Handle with Care, I'm Hot" message is still present as well. It's there for people who complain about Christmas music in early November because obviously they can't be bothered to figure out that coffee is hot!

Attachment 1440

Sent from the vast wasteland of my mind.

Adam 11-05-2012 12:02 PM

People just have too much time on their hands. If its the people working there, alright fine. If its customers, how long/often are you really in the store to have it bother you?

brent 11-05-2012 06:06 PM

As I mentioned in the Countdown thread, the Shoppers a couple blocks from my house had music playing last Friday. It was excellent! Nobody seemed to be complaining, really. I don't see how people can be offended by Christmas music while shopping in a store for five minutes. If you're in Shoppers for more than that, you should be at a grocery store - not a drug store.

christmasjingles 11-06-2012 03:32 PM

I would like to know just how many customers complained. Was it just a couple, meaning like a husband and wife, or a couple or a few friends who went in together? It seems that too often, it only takes a few whiners to ruin it for everyone else, because most people that like it don't express that. (and why would they?) So, unless there were a substantial amount of people complaining, which I doubt, why would the store cow tow (sp?) to them?

joyful 11-06-2012 07:54 PM

So sad. But yet we have to put up with other so called music year round in stores.

SleighRyder 11-30-2012 04:55 PM

Yeah, the real story was that the Christmas music were being played too early at Shopper's before Remembrance Day on November 11th where we honour our fellow War-Dead & current Veterans. I personally love Christmas music being played in stores early but not before that one day of remembering those who sacrifice for our freedom, just my perspective.