Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Controversy & Opinion (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   What think ye of Macy's New Ad? Should Trump Go? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45445)

Jeff Westover 11-14-2012 07:40 AM

What think ye of Macy's New Ad? Should Trump Go?

Macy's got a little love from Cher who tweeted her usual hate when she saw Donald Trump in this new Christmas ad:

What think ye of this ad?

For me, it lacks the charm of the ads we see coming out of the UK. But I think Donald Trump is hardly the story in this ad from Macy's.

What do you think of their use of Miracle on 34th Street?

GingerMel 11-14-2012 08:29 AM

I really like that ad. I thought it was cute. Donald Trump is in it for only a few seconds and he's being Grinchy (as usual) so it's kind of funny.

emski4379 11-14-2012 09:37 AM

I'm confused. What did Trump do wrong? He seemed like his usual self.

RadioJonD 11-14-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emski4379 (Post 481260)

You may have answered your own qurstion, emski4379.

If Cher's torn up like a can of sauerkraut about that commercial, then I was all for it without even watching it!

After watching it, all I can say is that thank goodness Turner Entertainment wasn't able to get a hold of it and maybe they won't ever!

MerryCarey 11-14-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emski4379 (Post 481260)

I looked that one up myself. Trump was very publicly anti-Obama during the campaign (birther controversy, etc.), so many people see his skepticism about Santa Claus in the commercial as a reflection/platform of his political views. There are online petitions with hundreds of thousands of "signatures" demanding that Trump be removed as a Macy's spokesman.

Jeff Westover 11-14-2012 11:49 AM

Proving yet once again that all publicity is good publicity.

RadioJonD 11-14-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Westover (Post 481288)
Proving yet once again that all publicity is good publicity.

Thatís true enough! I seldom watch TV and would have probably missed this commercial otherwise. Just think, I have Cher & Jeff to thank!

Iím more disturbed about Jeff being privy to Cherís Tweets! :D

Jeff Westover 11-14-2012 12:46 PM

That had better be the first and last time my name is used in the same sentence as Cher!

MonsterMasher 11-14-2012 12:52 PM

I like it. I think it's wonderful to see Macy's doing a commercial that promotes Christmas and a good charity instead of pushing sales, products and etc..I love the use of Miracle on 34th street as well, makes me want to watch the movie now, Lol

RadioJonD 11-14-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Westover (Post 481302)
That had better be the first and last time my name is used in the same sentence as Cher!

I was remorseful even as I clicked the send button.