Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Time to get into the Christmas Spirit........ (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45625)

Festive Spirit 11-19-2012 07:44 AM

Time to get into the Christmas Spirit........

How are you all doing? The christmas season is here and christmas day is not far away. I feel like all of a sudden time is moving too fast! Does anyone else feel this way?

I have had so much to get done that I have been mad busy. This morning I thought to myself if I carry on like this , I will have missed it all LOL !

So I am making myself take a time out , slow down and get into the christmas spirit. This weekend we will be putting up decorations and we are so excited. I have just a few more little odd jobs I need to get done before weekend but I am NOT going to stress about it!

I was just wondering how everybody esle is doing these days with preparations etc. Do you feel like it 's going really fast too?

:wiggy:

JollySteve 11-19-2012 08:25 AM

Since Halloween, time has just flown by. I can't believe its just about Thanksgiving. Our living room is a mess, because it looks like someone sneezed Christmas containers everywhere. I have to start the annual furniture shuffle to make room for the tree. We have company coming over Friday, and about a weeks worth of stuff to do in three days.
Stressed? Nah. Nothing a little eggnogg can't handle :)

Festive Spirit 11-19-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollySteve (Post 482373)
Since Halloween, time has just flown by. I can't believe its just about Thanksgiving. Our living room is a mess, because it looks like someone sneezed Christmas containers everywhere. I have to start the annual furniture shuffle to make room for the tree. We have company coming over Friday, and about a weeks worth of stuff to do in three days.
Stressed? Nah. Nothing a little eggnogg can't handle :)

Hahaha think I will join you in having some eggnogg! Hope you get everything done in time..........

jayden28 11-19-2012 10:58 AM

Time has flown by this year but in taking everything in my stride,presents have all been brought im decorating my brothers house on sunday and then im doing mine at the end of the month and then im going to relax and watch christmas movies every other day.

GingerMel 11-19-2012 11:25 AM

All of a sudden this weekend, it occurred to me that the season is flying by.

I can't believe it's almost Thanksgiving. I haven't even made a plan for when to go cut down a Christmas tree. I have no idea how many presents I've bought for my boyfriend (they're in a closet piled up) and have no idea what to get for my relatives.

Despite it all, I'm not stressing about it. I know it'll all get done and we'll get a tree soon. I'm just hoping for some time to watch all these Christmas movies that Hallmark is playing.

MerryCarey 11-19-2012 11:56 AM

Time is flying, and I still have cards, wrapping, packing, mailing, and tree lighting and decorating to do, but I think I have a handle on it. Some Christmas music and movies will help the tasks along!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollySteve (Post 482373)
Our living room is a mess, because it looks like someone sneezed Christmas containers everywhere.

Around our house, we call that "the Christmas bomb"!

reindeerelf 11-19-2012 12:44 PM

It seems like Labor Day was last week and by Friday the Season will be in full swing. We finished the Thanksgiving food drive at church this AM and distributed the proceeds (326 turkeys plus veggies, stuffing, cranberry sauce, etc. ) to four food pantries around our area so now it's time to fully focus on Christmas. Definitely behind in my shopping so that should get a priority.

Martine 11-19-2012 03:50 PM

It really fells like time is speeding up and I won't be ready for Christmas. I've only bought a couple of small presents so far, haven't even looked at what recipes we will prepare when our families will be over, haven't planned on which cookies I will be baking as gifts and though we know on what date we will be putting up the tree and decorating, I haven't taken inventory of what we have and what we'll have to buy for said decorating (I know some light strands will need replacing, but how many/size/colour etc. no clue yet). And here I thought that being on vacation for 2 weeks would allow me to get ahead, but I've just been taking it easy and relaxing, so I'm still behind!

'Tis the season 11-19-2012 04:00 PM

Every year I feel Christmas is way off, then all of a sudden it's here. I'm good to go with Christmas all year round but just about this time of year the rest of the world starts to catch up with us Christmas fans. Next weekend my decorations go up and then it's flat out Christmas. Enjoy every minute folks, 'cause it's going to go by i. n a blink as usual.

Neotericisis 11-21-2012 09:26 AM

I agree that it is going by wayyyyy too fast. This year I am very behind and I am not happy about it. The only present I have bought so far is for my husband (he is getting one huge gift this year lol, so that just took a card swipe!) I have 7 nieces and nephews and a three year old son to take care of- so lots of toy research. Normally I am at minimum half way done and my list is finalized by this time- this year I have no clue what to get. This year I planned to cut my budget down since last year it looked like Toys r'us exploded in our living room (we still have toys that were not opened from last year-maybe I can re-wrap some of them LOL- j/k).

This Friday I plan on putting up my tree and all my decorations, hopefully with my family's help (eggnog/hot chocolate, cookies, Christmas music to set the mood and create many Christmas memories). I have to get holiday pictures done for the Christmas cards and order them etc-

AHHHHH! So much to do with so little time- I LOVE Christmas :dance: