Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   New set pictures of It's a Wonderful Life! (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49845)

momnan30 01-17-2013 03:46 PM

New set pictures of It's a Wonderful Life!
 
As many of you know from my signature, I am a great fan of the film, "It's a Wonderful Life". Today I stumbled on some previously unpublished pictures taken on the set of the movie from an article in Life magazine. They focus on the innovative method Frank Capra came up with to produce the authentic looking snowy scenes in the movie despite the fact they were shooting in scorching July. I found it interesting... http://life.time.com/culture/its-a-w...-gal-viewagn#1

Christmas-A-Holic 01-17-2013 07:47 PM

That was well worth seeing! Thanks so much for sharing. That movie is also my very favorite movie, not just favorite Christmas movie, but it is #1 on my list of any movie ever made in history! I have seen it so many times that I find myself saying the lines right along with it as I am watching it. Ha ha! Everything about Jimmy Stewart is so perfect in this movie too. I just love him!

My dad even bought me a set of the, It's a Wonderful Life" collector dolls of Bailey, Mary and Clarence. I have a few village pieces that Hawthorne collection put out. I got everything they made but that was only a few pieces then they cancelled making anymore! I have an It's a Wonderful Life Hallmark ornament. My Quaker Parrot is named Bailey, after the movie. Okay, you can tell I love this movie!

Thanks again for sharing this article!!!

MerryNoel 01-17-2013 07:54 PM

Thanks so much... so cool to see behind the scenes... :)

momnan30 01-17-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic (Post 498424)
That was well worth seeing! Thanks so much for sharing. That movie is also my very favorite movie, not just favorite Christmas movie, but it is #1 on my list of any movie ever made in history! I have seen it so many times that I find myself saying the lines right along with it as I am watching it. Ha ha! Everything about Jimmy Stewart is so perfect in this movie too. I just love him!

My dad even bought me a set of the, It's a Wonderful Life" collector dolls of Bailey, Mary and Clarence. I have a few village pieces that Hawthorne collection put out. I got everything they made but that was only a few pieces then they cancelled making anymore! I have an It's a Wonderful Life Hallmark ornament. My Quaker Parrot is named Bailey, after the movie. Okay, you can tell I love this movie!

Thanks again for sharing this article!!!

You and I think alike...best movie ever, Christmas or otherwise!
Thank you for sharing your love of IAWL with me.
There is a gentleman in Illinois I've emailed who owns over 4,000 pieces of memorabilia from this movie...can you imagine?

momnan30 01-17-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerryNoel (Post 498430)
Thanks so much... so cool to see behind the scenes... :)

I agree...when I saw these pics I was blown away!

MerryCarey 01-18-2013 07:33 AM

I fixed your link so it's clickable. cheesy

momnan30 01-18-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerryCarey (Post 498520)
I fixed your link so it's clickable. cheesy

Thank you friend!

Christmas-A-Holic 01-18-2013 07:50 AM

Momnan, my dream is to run down the streets of Bedford Falls in the snow yelling, "Merry Christmas"!!! :lol:

I get the warm fuzzies when I see that scene!

momnan30 01-18-2013 08:37 AM

:dance:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic (Post 498532)
Momnan, my dream is to run down the streets of Bedford Falls in the snow yelling, "Merry Christmas"!!! :lol:

I get the warm fuzzies when I see that scene!

I'd run that snowy street with you, sister!

MerryNoel 01-19-2013 12:19 PM

Video must be taken and shared :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic (Post 498532)
Momnan, my dream is to run down the streets of Bedford Falls in the snow yelling, "Merry Christmas"!!! :lol:

I get the warm fuzzies when I see that scene!



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin ~ Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1991-2013 My Merry Christmas.com