Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Home & Family (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   My families never ending health problems (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50204)

made582 03-08-2013 11:21 AM

My families never ending health problems

I wanted to post a quick update on what seems like some of my families never ending health problems.

My niece in Seattle-
Some good news and Bad news for her over the last week.

The good news-
She had an appointment with her rhemuy the other day and there are still no signs of active arthritis for the second appointment in a row. So they are going to cut her down from 10 MTX (chemo) pills a week to 6.

The bad news-
She fainted at school last week. They were doing some kind of presentation in the gym and she had been standing there for about 30 minutes before collapsing. They think it was a combination of standing that long and all of her medicines lowering her blood pressure.

They also think she may have Whooping Cough now. Her rheumy said it sounded like it to her but her family doctor wasn't so sure. So they did the tests yesterday and they will be back on Tuesday and Friday of next week. The doctor went ahead and gave her a Z pack for it just in case but my niece is allergic to it. So now she has a nasty rash and a terrible cough.

Mom-
Mom is holding steady after her stroke. There hasn't been a whole lot of improvement in her arm or leg strength wise in the last couple of weeks but the feeling is returning more and more.

My Oldest Niece Here-
She has been having some stomach issues again lately. She has been complaining of stomach pain and having a hard time "going". On top of all of that she keeps losing weight. So she has been trying a new medicine the last couple of weeks and it doesn't seem to be helping. So they are going to do a upper and lower scope on her in a couple of weeks along with a lot of blood work to see if they can figure out what's going on.

BIL-
He has been having a lot of problems with his back again. He went in for another shot earlier this week but I don't think he will be able to put off surgery for very much longer.

MerryCarey 03-08-2013 11:40 AM

So unhappy that you and your loved ones have so many trials to deal with. I pray for strength, comfort, and patience for all of you.

snowflake22 03-08-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by made582 (Post 507558)
I wanted to post a quick update on what seems like some of my families never ending health problems.

My niece in Seattle-

The good news-
She had an appointment with her rhemuy the other day and there are still no signs of active arthritis for the second appointment in a row. So they are going to cut her down from 10 MTX (chemo) pills a week to 6.

The bad news-
She fainted at school last week. They were doing some kind of presentation in the gym and she had been standing there for about 30 minutes before collapsing. They think it was a combination of standing that long and all of her medicines lowering her blood pressure.

They also think she may have Whooping Cough now. Her rheumy said it sounded like it to her but her family doctor wasn't so sure. So they did the tests yesterday and they will be back on Tuesday and Friday of next week. The doctor went ahead and gave her a Z pack for it just in case but my niece is allergic to it. So now she has a nasty rash and a terrible cough.

Mom-
Mom is holding steady after her stroke. There hasn't been a whole lot of improvement in her arm or leg strength wise in the last couple of weeks but the feeling is returning more and more.

My Oldest Niece Here-
She has been having some stomach issues again lately. She has been complaining of stomach pain and having a hard time "going". On top of all of that she keeps losing weight. So she has been trying a new medicine the last couple of weeks and it doesn't seem to be helping. So they are going to do a upper and lower scope on her in a couple of weeks along with a lot of blood work to see if they can figure out what's going on.

BIL-
He has been having a lot of problems with his back again. He went in for another shot earlier this week but I don't think he will be able to put off surgery for very much longer.

I am so sorry they are going through these tough times, made.

I will keep all of your family in my thoughts & prayers.
http://kristinscarfone.files.wordpre...t_you-1624.jpg

caninemom3 03-08-2013 12:17 PM

((((Made))))) Your family has certainly had their share of health issues. I will keep praying for all of you. I always talk about you at night and I am always sure to ask for help for you..xoxo

xmas365 03-08-2013 12:50 PM

I will keep all of your family and you in my thoughts.

trackrebel 03-08-2013 01:05 PM

oh man...Im sorry Your family and You have to go thru all this.....my prayers are with You guys!!!

merrymistletoe 03-08-2013 04:30 PM

Made, I'm sorry your family is having to deal w/ so much right now. your nieces, your Mom, your b-i-l, & you are in my prayers.

made582 03-08-2013 05:35 PM

Thanks everyone!!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

kgstyles 03-08-2013 05:40 PM

I'm sorry. I will keep you all in my thoughts.

Seawaters 03-08-2013 05:53 PM

If ever there were a need for divine intervention!!! Take care of yourself. I know your family relies on you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by made582 (Post 507558)

My niece in Seattle-

The good news-

The bad news-

Mom-

My Oldest Niece Here-

BIL-