Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Decorations (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Christmas/Winter Wedding (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5033)

ReineV 09-13-2007 03:08 PM

Christmas/Winter Wedding

So I am in the midst of planning my dream wedding! Since I am a complete and total Christmas lover, I am telling my family and fiance that I would like to wait to have the wedding in December of 2008 (preferably the first Saturday of December) so that it can be Christmas/Winter themed. I am going to be viewing venues in the upcoming weeks because I was told that I need to try to nail one down ahead of time because companies tend to take over these venues with corporate Christmas parties during December. I was thinking about color schemes and options and narrowed it down to two themes and of course, I'm turning it over to my fellow Christmas fanatics to help me decide!

A fun Christmas party:
Colors: Red, green and gold
Decorate with Christmas trees. Have Christmas cookies as party favors with a few do-it-yourself decorations at each table.

A formal Winter Wonderland
Colors: White and silver
Decorate with faux snow, bare trees that have been spray painted silver, snowflakes, etc.
Favors will likely be hand-painted silver and white sugar cubes.

(of course we'll be toasting with hot chocolate and egg nog instead of champagne!)

Has anyone else done a winter/Christmas wedding? Any ideas?

Head Elf 09-13-2007 04:50 PM

I love the idea of the White and Silver.
so glamorous!!!!!!

JanaBanana 09-13-2007 05:41 PM

I agree! White and silver sounds breathtaking. Congrats

MrsH 09-13-2007 05:49 PM

I worked with a woman who had a winter themed wedding. Her bridesmaids wore deep red dresses. The florist made up arrangements for the tables withe pine boughs, pinecones and holly. It was beautiful.

haagarr 09-13-2007 06:20 PM

I think it sounds beautiful,I would love to go to a Christmas wedding it sounds like you have everything planned out so nicely Best of Luck

sugarplum fairy 09-14-2007 04:19 PM

My daughter was going to have a winter wedding in January 2009, but because of school she has changed it to Oct. 3 2008. Her colors were going to be ice blue, silver, and white. Now her colors are red and white. I think any one of the color choices you choose would be beautiful. I really like using silver and white for a winter wedding though. Congratulations!

Undrtakr 09-14-2007 04:58 PM

Well Im having my reception in Decemember and renewal of vows. Just got married August 4th 2007. Long long story. Long story short what could be better then a reception renewal December 7th!! :) I want snow flakes hanging from the ceiling. That would be nice. But a lot of work :P

kidzrme 09-14-2007 05:45 PM

Winter Wonderland sounds so perfect! How elegant. congrats!

maurakl 09-14-2007 10:03 PM

ooooooooooooo, I wish I could come!

I am in the minority so far, but I think the red and green with Christmas cookies sounds so wonderful. I didn't have a wedding and am divorced now, but just the thought of a Christmasy wedding like that almost makes me want to get married again!

Either will be wonderful!

Maura

Sunshine73 09-17-2007 09:38 AM

I so wanted to have a Christmas wedding! Unfortunately, DH and I both worked for the same company that was run by a couple of right old Scrooges who refused to allow anyone to take any time off at Christmas...for any reason.

I think the silver and white would be beautiful, maybe with a bit of blue to accent? The trees with silver sound lovely and I've been to December weddings where they used a lot of "Christmas" greenery and accents to create the centerpieces...absolutely breathtaking!