Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   My Merry Christmas HQ (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=206)
-   -   Coming Soon! A little podcast preview... (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50610)

Jeff Westover 05-10-2013 02:10 AM

A little podcast preview...

Episode #27 will likely be released next week. This version of the podcast has been re-done a couple of times in the past month. Here's a little preview:

Christmas with Lewis & Clark....The Stingiest Man in Town...Christmas & Baseball....Merle Haggard....Pioneer Christmas....Christmas in July....Marvin Gaye...Christmas Day 1492....

Any requests? Recommendations? We have a few other options we're mulling over but wanted to throw it out there for ideas....

Bradmac 05-10-2013 06:57 AM

You've already worked Merle Haggard into the Merry Podcast, what else could I need?

I always love hearing remembrances by cast members of Christmas movies, like you did with A Charlie Brown Christmas, and the Bob Hope tour. That was great stuff!

XmasDreams 05-10-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Westover (Post 521553)
Episode #27 will likely be released next week. This version of the podcast has been re-done a couple of times in the past month. Here's a little preview:

Christmas with Lewis & Clark....The Stingiest Man in Town...Christmas & Baseball....Merle Haggard....Pioneer Christmas....Christmas in July....Marvin Gaye...Christmas Day 1492....

Any requests? Recommendations? We have a few other options we're mulling over but wanted to throw it out there for ideas....

Hey sounds like a another great one cant wait to hear it.

Got a quick question for you about something for a podcast. while looking at my future trip in OCT at the Inn at Christmas. Noticed they have a Santa that comes to the hotel twice a week to sing and tell stores. Was wondering if someone could get a hold of him and maybe do something with him for a future podcast?

http://www.innatchristmasplace.com/singing_santa.cfm

Jeff Westover 05-10-2013 08:44 AM

We could get Mr. Rielly on Santa at the Christmas Place. We'll see what we can do.

XmasDreams 05-10-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Westover (Post 521590)
We could get Mr. Rielly on Santa at the Christmas Place. We'll see what we can do.

Thanks it would be neat to know more about him and possibly have him offer a special to sale for MMC

redkaga 05-10-2013 01:53 PM

Jeff -
I LOVE the podcasts. I was looking for a Christmas podcast to add to my commute, so when I found the MMC podcasts I was blown away. They're what led me to the site. I've listened to all the podcasts, but I have a hard time remembering all the topics you've covered. Do you have a master list of topics you could post? It would be a great way to remember not only what's been covered, but also a way to direct back to a specific podcast if we want to find that certain one again.

Christmasstar 05-12-2013 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Westover (Post 521553)

looking forward to listening!
Thanks for all the hard work that goes into putting these together!
How about one on the history of MMC?

ballcoach 05-12-2013 04:29 PM

Christmas and baseball....I'M IN!!!!

RachRon 05-17-2013 10:35 AM

Here's a thought how about Christmas commercials ? I know the podcast has touched on advertising in the past but when I think about the Christmas season there is always a commercial that comes to mind .Not always the same one but nothing signals the Christmas season like the old Norelco commercial with santa sleddng down the hill on the electric razor!!!! How about a top ten favorite commercial poll There is so many famous brands that have used the Christmas season to make memorable commecials that stick with you year after year.

XmasDreams 05-17-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachRon (Post 522758)
Here's a thought how about Christmas commercials ? I know the podcast has touched on advertising in the past but when I think about the Christmas season there is always a commercial that comes to mind .Not always the same one but nothing signals the Christmas season like the old Norelco commercial with santa sleddng down the hill on the electric razor!!!! How about a top ten favorite commercial poll There is so many famous brands that have used the Christmas season to make memorable commecials that stick with you year after year.

Yes, that is a great idea. Just hard to really narrow down the top ten so many good onces over the years.