Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Found an old post & Much. much more! (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5107)

caseydbell 09-19-2007 01:38 PM

Found an old post & Much. much more!

I know this is weired, however its almost October-The part of the year where I start getting weired because I'm getting so excited about Christmas. Heres what I'm going to do, I'm going to re-post an old post of mine, and then explain all this.

MY POST FROM 10/23/2006:
"3 AM & 5 AM this morning & MORE
@ 3 am I woke up cold, so i worked my blanket to try to get warm I stayed awake untl 5 am so I got up and went to the hall closet and got the flannel blanket that goes with the set. after I finish this post Im going to change my summer sheets to my flannel/winter sheets. So many things are happening that are getting me in dive mode to the Christmas season, cold weather, seeing Christmas commercials every now and again, Christmas catalogs, things coming up in the store, and more. as close here is the Nort Texas weather report for this week. If you would like to share your areas report please do, seeing cold weather evry where gets me in the spirit (weired huh).
Monday: High 69/ Low 39
Tuesday: High 72/ Low 49
Wednesday: High 76/ Low 65
Thursday: High 76/ Low 58
Friday: High 77/ Low 49
Saturday: High 74/ Low 50
Sunday: High 73/ Low 51
This may not seem like cool/cold/fall weather to most but here in North Texas this is close."

OK, why I am I talking about this:
1) I'm already starting to get excited about christmas- I revamped my Christmas sight earlier today.
2) Its' September 19th-Only 11 days till October- If things (weather wise) go like last year, only 34 more days till cold weather (for Texans that is), not far behined that I'll start seeing Christmas Commercials. Then only 9 days after that Christmas music starts playing. Then only about 18 days after that Christmas decs go up.

OK so here is my holiday calandar:
34 days till cold weather
43 days- Christmas music starts playing (officialy on radio/tv, that is)
61 days- I start decorating (maybe sooner)

Well I'm really getting excited now! Anybody else think like this date wise, or am I the only crazy one out there.

There could be a second annual post (like the one from 10/23/06) =)

Undrtakr 09-19-2007 02:08 PM

Well I thought we were having cool weather now :P it was in the 50's last week but the warm 80's popped back up :( Im tired of the warm weather. But I agree I cant wait for the Hollidays!!!

Holiday 09-19-2007 03:54 PM

Great re-post caseydbell! :-D I keep a journal - pretty much a gardening/weather journal & it's fun to look back at the previous year to see when the 1st night it really felt like fall was, the 1st frost, the leaves starting to turn, etc. and then again in spring, when the trees started to bud out, when we planted the 1st things in the garden, etc. This week here in Ohio is supposed to be rather warm (85'ish) but the nights are cool!! I'm excited for fall but not ready to give up my shorts & t-shirts just yet!! :smile:

JanaBanana 09-20-2007 06:29 PM

I just made a list of "Honey do's" to get ready for the cold weather that has already arrived here in Washington.. we actually hit freezing level of 32 this morning! Its rained on and off all day... I curled up in a blanket and took a nice nap :)

caseydbell 09-21-2007 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanaBanana (Post 41998)
I just made a list of "Honey do's" to get ready for the cold weather that has already arrived here in Washington.. we actually hit freezing level of 32 this morning! Its rained on and off all day... I curled up in a blanket and took a nice nap :)

holy cow, in late september! i live there I'd be full spead ahead in Christmas thought

Holiday 09-21-2007 09:45 AM

Freezing temps already? Brrrrr!! I'm not ready for my flowers to die!! :point: The impatients are always the 1st to go! :( But I know it's coming...

joyfulheart 09-22-2007 06:46 PM

Girl you sound JUST like me! And I live in North Texas too! (Frisco)

I have already emailed our local weatherman on Fox 4 news demanding (nicely of course) to know how cold /snowy it might get this winter, including wanting to know the dates of when we could expect said cold weather. I got a reply telling me to watch the news daily for changes... grrrrr.....

I find your post fascinating! Never did really watch to when the weather changes here, even though I've lived here my whole life. LOL

I did go out and buy a Farmers Almanac to see what it says.

Here's our area:

September 2007
1st-3rd Scattered showers, especially Texas 4th-7th Fair much of Oklahoma, Texas east. Weather deteriorates to west, with squalls over northern New Mexico 8th-11th Heavy thunderstorms Texas, Gulf Coast. Elsewhere, thunderstorms, then clearing skies. 12th-15th Mostly fair skies, then turning unsettled 16th-19th Rainy skies, then fair, cooler 20th-23rd Dangerous thunderstorms race rapidly east; possible tornado activity Oklahoma 24th-27th Squalls Texas move east, then fair, chilly weather. Brisk winds elsewhere 28th-30th Unsettled, especially Texas

October 2007
1st-3rd Fair weather 4th-7th Stormy, with some wet snow/flurries over higher terrains 8th-11th Mostly fair, cold 12th-15th Turning unsettled, then clearing 16th-19th Heavy rains spread from southern Great Plains into Mississippi River Valley 20th-23rd Rain, thunderstorms Texas, points east, then clearing skies, colder weather 24th-27th Fair skies rapidly change to unsettled conditions. Light rains for Texas east 28th-31st Tranquil, then increasing cloudiness, with very unsettled conditions spreading in from New Mexico

November 07
Near normal temps and near normal precip. Coolest November 2-5, 11-12, 15-16, 18-20, and 25-28. Showers and thunderstorms November 7-9, 15-16, and 24-27.

December 07
Near normal temps and near normal precip. Coolest December 1-3, 8-10, 14-17, 21-22, and 28-31. Rain in South and Snow in North December 1, 7-9, 13-16, 20-21 and 27-30. Possible freezing rain in north and central areas at end of the month.

They claim they have an 80% accuracy, but Texas is also the hardest state to predict, LOL.

Chillywilly 09-22-2007 08:24 PM

I don't live in Texas but I long for the colder weather as well. My mind is spining with Christmas. My family is even getting excited as well. The clock is ticking.

Holiday 10-02-2008 05:55 PM

Just bumping this up...I liked this thread! :)

joyful 10-02-2008 09:29 PM

I have my flannel sheets on and they have been on for several days (thank goodness I have more than one set. I love my flannel sheets.
Today we had to turn the oil furnace on so that high price stuff is flying out the flu. Oh well.