Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   I bought a Christmas magazine today... (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5116)

Holiday 09-20-2007 02:14 PM

I bought a Christmas magazine today...

I think ya'll will appreciate this:

I went to the grocery store today & when I was going to check out, I stopped & looked at their magazines. There were a few different Christmas magazines – a couple by Better Homes & Gardens & I decided to pick up the Women’s Day – Best Ideas For Christmas magazine. It has cut out Christmas cookies on the front cover. When I went to pay, the check out lady had an absolute fit!!!! She said “You are buying a Christmas cookie magazine ALREADY?!?!?! Good Lord!! No wonder I am always so far behind!!” Then she hollers at the clerk behind her “this lady is buying a Christmas cookie book already, can you believe that?? Talk about planning ahead!” and that lady starts laughing & she made a comment I can’t remember!!! (Just for the record – it is not just a Christmas Cookie book, it’s a Christmas idea book!) Then the little man in line behind me gets involved. He says “your rushing the season, aren’t you??” I told them that I just like to look!! And then the cashier says “I should take you out in the lobby & take your picture with your Christmas magazine – shopper of the week!!” Then the little guy behind me says “you better check, that might be last years magazine, it's too early to be this years!” :lol: He thought he was so funny!!! I told the lady “you have them out, so I’m going to buy – if I wait, they will be gone!” and she has the nerve to say sarcastically “now you’re being realistic!” She is lucky I have a sense of humor, & that I love Christmas stuff so much, or I would have told her she just lost a sale & she could stick that magazine where the sun don’t shine!!!! Lol!!! :lol: She really was being quite funny about it - not being mean or anything, but she sure did make a scene!!!! They were still talking about it when I walked out the door!!!

Amanda Elf 09-20-2007 02:33 PM

If they have it out for sale...it can't be too early!!

Billy Battles 09-20-2007 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amanda Elf (Post 41967)
If they have it out for sale...it can't be too early!!

I agree they wouldn't put it out if nobody was going to buy it.

kidzrme 09-21-2007 06:56 PM

What is wrong with people? Why would someone make fun of you? Christmas is only 3 months away! Don"t they get it?

Undrtakr 09-21-2007 07:40 PM

They are CRAZY! I guess they dont have the spirit that we do ;)

ChristmasFan08 09-22-2007 01:38 PM

Its your choice

if they have them out they must want to sell them
do they want to let them sit they to december and not sell any
i dont think so

the people who said that to you probrably are the people who have a boring christmas year in and out

joyful 09-22-2007 02:59 PM

The next time you are in the store and she checks out you, when she is done, look at her and say "Merry Christmas". And I would do it every time.

She appeared to be extremely rude and wanted to draw attention to herself. She may need a Christmas fix. (((((((((((smile))))))))))

Iron Eagle 09-25-2007 08:05 AM

My thoughts of how to deal with that type of person are much darker, and not very Christian. So I'll agree with Joyful, and smile and say Merry Christmas.
Wait, I've got a socially correct idea. A bunch of us could get in line after you and also wish her a Merry Christmas. I'll bet that would put her on her heals.

Holiday 09-25-2007 09:40 AM

:lol: You guys are the greatest!!! :lol:

JanaBanana 09-25-2007 10:27 AM

I am more like Iron Eagle on this one :) I cant stand it when people try to make it out that those of use that really really love Christmas and just might enjoy it more and a little longer then they do have to say some sarcastic remark about it :( Hope you enjoy your magazine... I will have to look for that one.